DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    6.385 Connecting Rod
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.385 Connecting Rod
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Ed Scott is helping.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Carillo or Crower billet

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I have a clean, 200 runs set of Summit Proline 6.385 steel rods. Replaced with Crower when I thought I needed to spray my 582. These rods are American made and well designed.
They are in the original box’s and weight matched. If you need a solid 1100hp rod, message me. I’ll sell them super cheap

From the description: 4340AQ aircraft quality chromemoly steel alloy
•Fully machined, vacuum degassed, heat treated, and shot peened
•Each length forged from a separate die for strength
-•Large mating cap area, ARP 8740 chromemoly studs
•Weight matched for proper balancing
•Bushed wrist pin ends for full-floating pistons.
*All rods guaranteed for straightness, roundness, and size

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Those are the rods I traded you. I’m still running the rods I got from you. Let me think on it. I can’t decide if I should build bigger this next time or stick a blower on the thing.

I had a set of Crower Sportsman rods and a set of Callies Compstar rods that Dave reconditioned but I finally sold both sets.

Message me what you want for those and I’ll see what I can do. And tell your lovely wife we said hello.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Those are the rods I traded you. I’m still running the rods I got from you. Let me think on it. I can’t decide if I should build bigger this next time or stick a blower on the thing.

I had a set of Crower Sportsman rods and a set of Callies Compstar rods that Dave reconditioned but I finally sold both sets.

Message me what you want for those and I’ll see what I can do. And tell your lovely wife we said hello.

They could be. I’ve owned 3-4 sets. How does $400 plus the ride sound? I have 2x sets of new fasteners I’ll throw in and 5 spare rods from another set.

4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Paulie,

That sounds good, here's the thing. We are having our drip system replaced in the whole yard. Not gonna be cheap.

Plus we found out yesterday that the idiot that installed it originally plumbed part of it in between the city water meter to the house and our shutoff on our side of the meter.

Had to have all that repaired and a new shutoff valve installed. Anyway, let me get this mess over with and if you still have them I'll take them. If you can sell them to someone else, don't wait on me.

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
quote:

They could be. I’ve owned 3-4 sets. How does $400 plus the ride sound? I have 2x sets of new fasteners I’ll throw in and 5 spare rods from another set.

AIRC those rods were pretty light for a BBC rod weren't they? You've got two new sets of fasteners?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If the compstars are that much why not Eagles?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

How much horsepower are the Eagle rods rated for? Do not think they would be rated for much.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
quote:

AIRC those rods were pretty light for a BBC rod weren't they? You've got two new sets of fasteners?

Light? You mean weight? I can look at my log book if it’s of some help.
Yes I have 2 packs of 16 ARP studs.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paulie,

That sounds good, here's the thing. We are having our drip system replaced in the whole yard. Not gonna be cheap.

Plus we found out yesterday that the idiot that installed it originally plumbed part of it in between the city water meter to the house and our shutoff on our side of the meter.

Had to have all that repaired and a new shutoff valve installed. Anyway, let me get this mess over with and if you still have them I'll take them. If you can sell them to someone else, don't wait on me.

Let me know when you want me to send them.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

How much horsepower are the Eagle rods rated for? Do not think they would be rated for much.

The 4340 sbc rods are about $600 and are rated for 1300. I have run them at about that level without issue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
If you guys want good info on rods, talk to Tom Molnar. Even if you don't buy his rods, he'll school you in what's what......guy is smart....very smart.....and has nothing good to say about oliver, even though he's the one that originally designed them....the company has gone to **** basically......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Paul,

You have a PM.

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Well I went out in my shop and located the set Vern will get.
I also found 2 more sets of these American blasé rods in boxes. Definitely used, but they look great. Notes on one set they have new correct ARP studs and big end resized.
Anyone looking for a set of these let me know.
These are not for much more than 1000hp but are American quality and an excellent +250 rod.
Take them off my hands. I’ll never need them ever.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Just had an offshore rod break this weekend in one of our engines. I'd imagine it got egg shaped then lost the bearing and broke. Crank is black.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sucks but no surprise. As I’ve said, NO professional engine builder or racer install any of these rods in a race engine because they are better than a rod made in the USA like Callies Ultra which has become the benchmark rod for most professional sportsman bracket engine builders.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Sucks but no surprise. As I’ve said, NO professional engine builder or racer install any of these rods in a race engine because they are better than a rod made in the USA like Callies Ultra which has become the benchmark rod for most professional sportsman bracket engine builders.

Lol with your two broken rods in three years you are the LAST person that anybody should be taking advice on rods from.

Guess the “professional engine builders” must have installed the professionally pre-cracked in the USA benchmark rods in those engines. Big Grin

Power Tool

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Jerkoff talk about what you know which is nothing, not what you think you know

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Reher Morrison has used Compstar crankshafts and Manley H Beam rods with the RM label on them for years in their Super series bracket motors. Both the cranks and rods are forged offshore and finish machined in the states. I also believe they have resently been using the Dart crankshafts which I believe are also forged off shore.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post