DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Buyer Beware TRC Carbs (Total racing components)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buyer Beware TRC Carbs (Total racing components)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed...my bad.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
One thing it for sure he has read this thread and has decide not to comment or refund money... Keep us posted hope you get something back..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Seems like all too many buy a specific brand carb (pick any of them) for good money, then send it of to someone else to get fixed when the carb was brand new?

Makes absolutely no sense to spend money with the second guy as the first company would almost always stand behind the new product sold.

Dyno? Last time Randy adjusted one of my carbs at the track it went faster...no dyno required...if I got a problem they go back to APD and no additional charges occur. I live in Texas and ship to Ohio...no big deal.

Seems like a waste of time and money to deal with someone else on a new product.

I now own 4 APD carbs (3 alky, 1 gas)...last I checked all these other carb guys that work on them never manufactured a carb...they only want to tell all of you how screwed up your new carb was when you bought it, then charge the crap out of you...NOT THIS GUY...EVER.

YES, I am a satisfied customer from APD with proof they got good stuff!

Bolted on an APD Carb out of the box and still have not even touched it or adjusted it. The Carb was absolutely spot on from bolt on. Will send in for a freshen up

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey only want to tell all of you how screwed up your new carb was when you bought it, then charge the crap out of you...NOT THIS GUY...EVER.

that was the biggest mistake of my racing career sending 2 new,perfectly working quick fuel carbs to dean nickerson.then him telling me how my engine builder doesent know what he is doing etc...guy was seriously arrogant

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Had another guy message me on racing junk that said he’s in the same situation with TRC as I am. Folks that’s 4 people so far that has come forward he’s stole from who has ordered carburetors from him.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Have you posted this on YB? If so what section?

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I haven’t. Not a member there

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
He also try's too sell engines on Facebook

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why at this amount of money nobody has went and paid him a visit

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I'm about 12 hours away. 2 or the other guys are from TX. I'm not worried about it because I'll see him at a race sometime down the road.

DRR Trophy
Picture of GEAR_HEAD
posted Hide Post
I know this thread is basically about getting what you payed for, Thanks Dean Nickerson for 2 unbelievable carbs! One gas and One alky. Everyone needs to remember that a carburetor is one of the last pieces of an engine puzzle.

Posts: 26 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
IMG_7751.jpeg

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Tried to post a picture I was showed today from 2017 where craig had been arrested for doing exactly what he did to me. Shows he was charged with theft January 10 2017. Had another guy message me on Facebook said he waited 14 weeks before canceling his order and still no money back. What a piece of **** this guy is. It’s hard to believe all this is turning up but searching TRC carbs you don’t get any of this

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's a newer arrest if it is him......
https://lancaster.crimewatchpa...h-fugitive-justice-0

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate that there are crooks out there but I have found out that MOST of the time if I get several references from people then they are okay. Notice I said most of the time.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
That’s him. He sent me a message on Facebook last night and blocked me before I could respond. Told me the next step would be me hearing from his lawyer. Now how’s that going to work for him ? He steals money from people and wants to get a lawyer for slander lol. That’s some funny ****. He’s been reading or someone has been telling him about the thread. How’s that phone Craig ? Getting silent ??

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
He's going to get a lawyer. Good for him. He's not got one leg to stand on. It's not slander if it was written about him, that's actually libel. That being said, if it is true, such as in this instance (and several others), he has no case.

I would consider getting together with some of the other people he's burned and putting all of your facts together to file criminal charges.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the TRC issue other than he will not likely get any more oval blade carbs. And at the moment there isn't parts available to build complete carbs, that will be fixed soon, maybe by the first of the year. As soon as that happens I should have the ability to build them again. With rare exceptions I don't collect a dime until the product is completed, tested, and ready to ship...

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
“With rare exceptions I don’t collect a dime until the product is completed, tested,and ready to ship...”

One reason my carburetor is at Mark’s right now.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post