Find
Notify
Tools

E85?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone use it on here?
I’ve been thinking of changing over from alky.
How big a rad do you use?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B.C.Malibu,

Posts: 695 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have used it for ten plus years. When I switched I was on gas before. I kept the same radiator I had. No problem keeping the temperature consistent.

Posts: 509 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2543 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
E85

^^^This^^^

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2642 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All that discussion did was prove that all the old misconceptions and misinformation about e85 are still very much alive.

Posts: 509 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
All that discussion did was prove that all the old misconceptions and misinformation about e85 are still very much alive.

The quote below sums it up pretty good from that discussion link.

Some may think E85 is the best fuel for their set-up, same as other's using methanol or gas. I've used all 3 & all worked for their intended purposes, the most important being winning. They all have their pros & cons, it's what you are comfortable with.

While my current combo uses 100 unleaded pump gas, I'm thinking about going back to E85.

quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
There are a lot of misconceptions on E85 and usually it comes from people who have never used it or didn’t use it correctly, (much like standard methanol myths).

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2642 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
B king those are two of the most true statements in that thread and also are near identical to some of what I said in the discussion. Like I’ve said I’ve used it for ten plus years in my own program. It’s not the do all end all, but for me in my situation it gives me something I can’t get from race gas or alcohol at this time.