New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yoke change
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Changing yoke on driveshaft. Rebalance required??

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nope

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave...

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone had ever changed a yoke and had it actually cause a balance issue. So far everyone says put it on and go.

BG

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
I was wondering if anyone had ever changed a yoke and had it actually cause a balance issue. So far everyone says put it on and go.

If it does vibrate after you change the yoke, it won't be the yoke or the driveshaft balance itself, it'll be the clearance between the new yoke, and the existing bushing in the back of the tailhousing.

I've seen that.

I like a Mark Williams billet yoke sized for a roller tailhousing, and a roller tailhousing.

The additional cost offsets the variable IMO. I don't enjoy fk'n around with stupid chit just to save a dime. Learned that the hard way long ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My driveshaft was balanced and had no yoke when I bought it from Strange.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I made sure diameter is correct for application. Appreciate feedback on strange drivesaft. Is more of a time restriction than cost and wanted some input.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BG7X77,

BG

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made sure diameter is correct for application. Appreciate feedback on strange drivesaft. Is more of a time restriction than cost and wanted some input.....

Chances are low, but if it does vibrate it'll be a clearance issue between the new yoke and the existing bushing in the rear of the tailhousing.

How long the bushing has existed in the rear of the tailhousing, determines ultimately, the percentage of possibility.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thx. Both brand new.

BG

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good to go, unless you're changing the yoke because of a vibration. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1672 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post