Find
Notify
Tools

Rons gold pump
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted
I know this has been talked about on here in the past. But has anyone found a seal kit for the gold pump?
I found a kit on procons wbsite although i'm not 100% sure its the right one.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Please buy one and let us know!
I think as long as you get the kit that has the correct shaft diameter that will be the most important part.
Most of the gold pumps issues are just with the seal rather than worn out vanes.
Procon certainly has a wide selection of pumps don't they?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Found a thread on yb that said the pump guy at Rons told him to fill the pump with motor oil and let it sit. He did and said it stopped his from leaking out the front seal. Mine has been sitting full of oil since lunch yesterday. We will find out this afternoon if it helped or not. It had already slowed from a stream to a drip after having fuel in it overnight.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
PAUL I HAVE GOTTEN ACCESS TO THE SEAL AND PACKED WITH GREASE AND THAT WORKED FOR A WHILE.I ASSUME RONS DOESNT SELL KITS OR SEALS.ALSO MOST BEARING PLACES CAN WOROK OFF OF DIMENSIONS,GET VITON IF POSSIBLE.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
oops caps

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Maybe i got lucky! It stopped leaking after letting it soak with motor oil!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
I got this info from a gentelmen on yb.

PAC-SEAL
S-10409V
It is a FlowServe. You will have to find a dealer near you to get them.
He said it was the right seal and worked for him.