DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    PG input shaft seals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PG input shaft seals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Is one better than the other telfon/plastic VS steel? The ones on the input shaft.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Teflon from a mainline reputable source is the preferred race seal.

The iron seals that come in many kits are only suited for mild builds. Plus the iron seals are more prone to wear at higher RPM whereas the Teflon conforms better.

Many of the popular trans building companies will sell individual parts/seals/etc.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I always tear the Teflon seals when trying to install them. Is there a procedure for installing them?

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
use Vaseline or trans build grease,which looks like Vaseline with trans fluid in it lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gonzo1546:
I always tear the Teflon seals when trying to install them. Is there a procedure for installing them?

I carefully squeeze the teflon seals into a smaller circle before installing on the I/P shaft and use trans assembly grease(link below) in the groove and also on the outside of the ring/groove. That pretty much glues those suckers in the grooves.

https://www.tsr-racing.com/che...8-blue-1-lb-tub.html

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have found some are wider that others too, the wider red and blue ones seem to fit in the grooves tighter that the narrower white ones

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post