DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    another racepak question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another racepak question
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
I have been trying to install a O2 sensor on a V300SD data logger.
When doing a read config the datalogger sees all devices untill it gets to the O2 sensor then I get a comport error message. The red light on the O2 controller comes on solid at power up rather than flash as per instructions.
Vendor sent me a second O2 sensor to test with. Same error message.
Instruction sheet says V300 needs firmware 36 or higher.
All other racepak datalogger including V300SD will work with all versions of firmware and do not require any firmware virsion upgrades.
I'm runninng firmware version 24
Does anyone have any expearance with this situation?
If I need to upgrade the firmware has anyone done this successfully?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes the V300 non SD models need firmware 36 or higher to add any V-net module manufactured after approx 2013 (rough guess).

I'd suggest contacting Todd at https://racepds.com/ to do the update. I can't do them and he's in California.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:

I'd suggest contacting Todd at https://racepds.com/ to do the update. I can't do them and he's in California.

Thanks, Greg!

Todd is a "Good Guy", especially for us West Coast guys! Glad to see you folks supporting each other!

Both you actual answer the phone or reply promptly to email! Not like some other companies we won't mention now do!

Two Thumbs down

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments.
The V300SD is good with firmare 24 (the latest)
My situation with being unable to install an O2 sensorturned out to be two devective Vnet O2 devices.
Both DOA out of the box.
I borrowed a known good O2 Vnet and hooked it up and wala!

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post