DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I am building a completely chineese dragster.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am building a completely chineese dragster.
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
are you ordering pistons direct or through an engine builder?

Got a tough time believing that the nationally known bracket engine builders are waiting 2 months for pistons especially when I can order a new engine today and have it in 2 months which is the conversation I had yesterday with one of those engine shops.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Another good america manufacturer that keeps their commitment is

http://www.jjperformance.com/?...ry&utm_campaign=Link

I ordered a custom kevlar diaper from them 1 week ago and it was shipped yesterday.

I bought two diapers directly from them as well. No complaints. I did think it was funny that they were shipped in a diaper box. Good for them to recycle and save money!

Also curious Ed, why T&D over Jesel? I understand if the engine was built with T&D originally and they do make a nice rocker. I try to use companies that are close to me. I had an issue with a Jesel rocker setup and took the whole engine there and resolved the issue. The same reason I use ATI and S&W,since they are close enough to drive to. I used to have M&R belts until they left NJ because it was easy to re-cert.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
The same reason I use ATI and S&W,since they are close enough to drive to. I used to have M&R belts until they left NJ because it was easy to re-cert.

My M&R belts have been re-certified 4x going to Millville NJ last year and 3x before. Good Service.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Also curious Ed, why T&D over Jesel? I understand if the engine was built with T&D originally and they do make a nice rocker.

My 522 was originally built with Jesel Sportsman shaft rockers at my request though Sunset and I believe every nationally known bracket engine builder uses T&D shaft rockers. In use they were a PITA to keep adjusted as they aren't a true shaft rocker system where all are tied together and I had 2 nose axles walk out of the extrusion, held in place only by a knurled/friction fit rather than an E clip.

Made the swap to T&D on a freshen up and haven't looked back. Same rockers on my dragster engine.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Not sure but I THINK he's just joking us bud

Dave, About the crew or bamboo? Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Which delay you running ? Abacus?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Which delay you running ? Abacus?

Mikey needs no delay box, his natural reaction times are perfect for top bulb racing off the T brake !!!!!!!!!! Laughing very hard

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so bender...care to be a consultant on my harbor freight,toyo tire top dragster??
if I remember correctly wasn't there a big issue with bill simpson and Asian sfi tags?? something about it taking to long to get the tags from sfi??or was that impact?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Met a guy at Hazard Fraught yesterday that claims he can get stickers for all of their brands for the side of your Chinesium pipelack.

While they market stuff painted several different colors, I think the faded-in-the-sun-after-a-week orange is the best.

ROR Praying

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

the team studying the top dragster build blueprints

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

welding the tubes and body tabs

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

mixing chemicals for powder coating

checking belly pan fitment

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

proper lubrication is critical on our blown top dragster

powerglide overhaul with all Asian components

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

installing sheng front runners and massive toyo rear slicks

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Mikey Mikey Mikey, this long cold winter must really be getting to you! Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Crew going to have hard time checking traction with those high heels.

Might have missed it,but what type fuel. Gas or Saki?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
me thinks mickey likes asian chicks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVp-8vtUatA

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kalin, rut is rong rith you?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Mr. Kalin, rut is rong rith you?

If car goes like taste in women he will be going sideways instead of up or down track.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Over 11,200 views on a Chinese Dragster...dang and its not even got drama going on.... But we all like the post of the ladies at work....LOL

YESS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post