DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Under trailer Air compressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under trailer Air compressor
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Has anyone mounted a small air compressor under the trialer just to air up tires. I was thinking something like a K&R style. Has anyone done it and will it work?

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
In the cabinet. vertical. 2 truck air tanks. Plus the compressor tank. I would be more concerned
about the underside environment with a K&R unless it it totally sealed. I was going to do the twin tanks underneath and decided inside.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
In the cabinet. vertical. 2 truck air tanks. Plus the compressor tank. I would be more concerned
about the underside environment with a K&R unless it it totally sealed. I was going to do the twin tanks underneath and decided inside.

Great idea! Tanks reasonable?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vince, the K&R/AirArmed compressor is a great unit and I have it in both my cars but I don’t believe it would survive the conditions it will see under a trailer. My advice is to buy Rolair’s JC10 and save over $100 compared to the AirArmed compressor.

Besides airing tires, can also use to air up a cylinder to change a broken valve spring too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:

Great idea! Tanks reasonable?

Back then i think i paid about 79.00 each. Manufactured by Valvac.. I had another couple on the shelf for stock, just too big.. Bracket kits available also for any tank.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ed,
Are those USA made? Many reviews are saying they are not. Great reviews regardless.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There are no 1-2HP compressors made in the US anymore. I bought from Rolair because they are are a family owned company that have been making compressors in the US for over 60 years.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Most Rolair air compressors are assembled in Hustisford, Wisconsin using domestic and "globally sourced components"

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
It may not have been on DRR, but I remember seeing a pic from someones trailer that had a small aluminum shelf built, up high on the inside wall of trailer, and had a small compressor mounted there, out of the way. Great idea, IMO. Easy access, for adjustment or replacement.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s the typical mounting in high end trailers, Goldrush and T&E.