DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    PerformAire Eclipse Crazy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PerformAire Eclipse Crazy
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Okay , I have a Performaire Eclipse and right now it is not predicting worth a hoot. I deleted most runs and entered some recent good runs and it is worse!
For instance now if my car runs 4.98 @ 3600 DA I just did a prediction with it @ 4550 DA and it is saying car would now run 4.94! Car does not go faster as air gets worse Lol.

So obviously I have some how got some of the settings or adjustments wrong. Any ideas or suggestions?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
delete all runs,make u a run with a reasonable altitude and input.make u another run changing .01 and enter the altitude it would take for that change.now you have a base ,input real weather and see what the result is

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Might want to check the prediction style, that may have gotten changed, and it might just be time for a tune up from Altronics too. They have a really good turn around time.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As Rusty said, clear all of the runs and enter two good runs. I usually do this every time out. I've had good luck with the eclipse, but I had a similar experience when I had too many runs entered. Make sure you have it setup for multiple runs.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, did that and hope it gets smarter. lol.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Bruce, I know with my Performaire it will go backwards like that if you have a bad run in that database, where you ran quicker with a higher DA than normal, or vice-versa (slower with lower DA).
If your 4.98 @ 3600' is normal, and you go 4.96 @ 3750, that entry will cause the logic to compute quicker runs at higher density altitudes & vice-versa.
Does your menu have an option like mine, (it is not the Eclipse, but the older model PA-2), called Show Bad Runs? (Option 7, I believe). It will point out the ones that don't fit normal logic so you can delete them. But remember if it shows (Example) Runs 2 & 3 are bad, then as you delete each run, it immediately re-numbers the remaining ones. So if you delete Run #2, then the previous Run #3 is now the new Run #2.
So for this example of Runs 2 & 3 being bad, to get rid of both you would delete Run #2, then again delete Run #2.

Also, I try to maintain a separate database for each track I go to. Some tracks are such that you can use the same DB for both, and it will predict them both well. But others not so much. This can be due to several variations besides the altitude. Such as actual distance between timing sensors, actual track length, the type of material and prep of the racing surface, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, I deleted all of the runs and then made new data base. I put in one good run and going from there. Should work better.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
Picture of Eliminator X
posted Hide Post
There should also be an option in that model that allows you to see what ET / DA ratio it's using to predict with. (.01 sec per 150' DA, for example)

There are preset ET / DA ratios in there but in "Multiple Runs" the ratio it uses to predict seems to change based on the runs you have input, and you can see the ratio it's currently using from one of the menu options ("View Ratio", or something like that)

If it's giving you bad predictions, you should be able to view the ratio it's using to come up with those bad predictions. If the ratio makes no sense, then you can decide if it's time to clear some or all of your runs you have in there to correct it.

Same result, just one way to spot check what might be going on.

Posts: 15 | Location: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Good call, Eliminator X.
Mine does have that function, I think it is under the Predict option, it shows "SLET" (Sea Level ET, what your car would theoretically run at a D.A. of 000'), and also displays the ET/DA ratio next to that. Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post