DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Wet sump oil pan preference?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wet sump oil pan preference?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
While we’re on the subject, what you guys like to use for an oil pan with a Moroso billet pump?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Moroso 21049 here.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
why the 21049 vs the 21047?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
why the 21049 vs the 21047?

The sump length on the 47 is 9" and the 49 is 9.75". Reher and Morrison says the 49 is a better pan.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I bought the pan/pump package from R-M.

Moroso stock type pump winged design as they call it.

Don’t recall which part number the pan is.

I modified a Milodon pump support brace by moving it to the front of the pump main upper section. It bolts down to the #4 main cap/stud. Supports the heaviest part of the pump.

80lbs pressure cold and has been fine.

Had it apart for inspection at least once and no cracks at the pickup or brace.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post