DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone own one of these?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own one of these?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Top 5 MADE IN USA floor jacks, supposedly these are #4 and #5.

I need a new floor jack & not gonna buy china garbage.

I'm leaning towards a Pittsburgh. I can pick one up local.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have the Pitts 3 ton works great Mike. Hope it last like my old Hein/Warner 40 years!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4514 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I have the Pitts 3 ton works great Mike. Hope it last like my old Hein/Warner 40 years!

Hein Warner is #1 on that list of top 5 MADE IN USA floor jacks.

I've heard before, these JEGS jacks are good. It'll be one of these three.

Thank you for your input!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
both chinese junk!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the Hein-Warner is the ONLY "made in USA" jack, and I would SERIOUSLY question if it is with domestic produced materials and parts.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Pretty sure the Hein-Warner is the ONLY "made in USA" jack, and I would SERIOUSLY question if it is with domestic produced materials and parts.

https://garagespot.com/best-fl...cks-made-in-the-usa/

Fair enough

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
fake news! again both are chinese junk!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
fake news! again both are chinese junk!

I'll buy the Hein Warner no problem, if I find this to be True.

I can promise you I'm not buying china garbage at any price.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was at harbor freight for tarps. I'm guessing all tarps are made overseas.
I looked at the Pittsburgh jack. It doesn't look real well made. It might work great but looks chintzy.

[IMG]IMG-20210212-123946359[/IMG]

Made in China

Any tool that begins with Pittsburgh or Chicago is probably from China.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The new hein Warner’s suck take forever to pump up.....

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hein Werner Automotive, A Shinn Fu Company of America owned company. Not at all sure what that means.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I was at harbor freight for tarps. I'm guessing all tarps are made overseas.
I looked at the Pittsburgh jack. It doesn't look real well made. It might work great but looks chintzy.

[IMG]IMG-20210212-123946359[/IMG]

Made in China

Any tool that begins with Pittsburgh or Chicago is probably from China.

I think this is the one made in the same factory as the Snap-On ones. It just has a Pittsburgh sticker on it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with my low profile daytona 3 ton jack.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Can't get the cylinder rebuilt at a hydraulic shop?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Won’t buy Chinese junk, but debating between Harbor Freight and Jeg’s house brand! Laughing Hard

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Won’t buy Chinese junk, but debating between Harbor Freight and Jeg’s house brand! Laughing Hard

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Haven’t read it, don’t need to read it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Haven’t read it, don’t need to read it.

If you'd like to make rational claims in regards to the thread, it may behoove you to take glance at it.

The opening post in the thread might be helpful too. "supposedly"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a really hard time believing the Jeg's is an american made jack. Confused

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
I have a really hard time believing the Jeg's is an american made jack. Confused

As of yesterday... After reading about the lawsuit between Snap-On and Harbor Freight, I have a hard time believing any of the top five MADE IN USA floor jacks in this link, are MADE IN USA. Laughing Hard

FK'n sad! Fraud-land USA.... Fraud everywhere you look. Everything is a con.