Find
Notify
Tools

10 oz o2 bottle
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
How many runs or how long does 10 oz o2 bottle last. Also what are you using it for.

In my deal it is shifter,solenoid for the primer system,chute solenoid and leanout if using. Chute and lO will not be used much but are on air system.

I have 2 1'2 lb bottle and 2 10 oz bottles. If use 2 1.2 it takes good amount of room and w/o remote valve it has to be in already crowed ****pit. Plus weighs lot more than 10 oz.

So how long deos the 10 ounce last.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
10 oz last along time if no leaks.
I have a 10lb bottle to top off. Maybe top off once a year

Hits the air shifter twice per run and sometimes use throttle control.

I turn mine on a beginning of day and turn off at the end of day.

Just thinking about it, I bought some fittings from George Rupert years ago in Florida. RIP George!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If needing to use CO2 for more items than 1 (one) shift per run, the 10 oz bottle is a poor choice imho. Consider installing the larger bottle or air compressor type system.

With the electric over air solenoid mounted directly on the shift cylinder and 30” of 1/4” CO2 tubing to solenoid my 10 oz bottle will go 400+ shifts at most and then it’s under 150 psi. I manually turn the bottle on at the beginning of day and off on the return of last run of day.

If you have a full spare 10 oz bottle that you carry and you loan it out to someone that lost all the CO2 in theirs (undetermined leak), they’ll bring it back empty FS. Ask me how I know. Instead, I carry several 1/8” npt Schroeder valves that I give out for free to those that use a 1/8” npt gauge regulator kit. Take the gauge off, install and fill with air.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have 10 lb bottle to refill from if need. If will last for 3 or 4 races . I have no issue with that and sounds like w/o leaks that will be no problem.

Weighed bottles tonight and looks like 4 to 4,5 lb savings and easier to mount under the seat or on rear end housing. Easy reach also. A good **** might be bad is under the seat.LOL

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When I had a 10oz bottle for shift and SLE I would swap it out about twice a season under normal circumstances. Always kept a full spare. Once when I needed the spare at the track and it was empty is when I decided to put in a K&E compressor and never looked back

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Based on the amount of time you have spent on track, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you would likely get 2 to 3 years out of a 10 oz bottle! Wink Just kidding. You could always consider an onboard air compressor and forget about it. Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
well was going to say with luck I have been having this year probably not big issue to swap them out. Guess thats covered.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
This is easy to figure out. Sacrifice 10 oz and Set up at home and see how many times you can activate whatever you run.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weighed bottles tonight and looks like 4 to 4,5 lb savings and easier to mount under the seat or on rear end housing. Easy reach also. A good **** might be bad is under the seat.LOL

I always like to mount them vertical.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You mean co2 right?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always like to mount them vertical.

should be mounted in this manner

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
You mean co2 right?

Yes. have got to start wearing readers when type.Getting old sucks hinny.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
bought Another 10 oz bottle giving me two back ups. That along with old 10 lb nitrous bottle I filled and use as refill bottle I should have no problem, escpecailly if have another leaky year like this year,hopefully 400 bucks of fittings and line will hel there.