New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Parts
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Ordering parts for the last two months. 7 orders 4 have to go back a second time. Parts, pictures and part number correct as per order.. UGH....

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
You just reminded me, I have had a part on backorder with them for over 1 year. They sure aren't going to contact me. Those days of customer service are way behind us.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
You just reminded me, I have had a part on backorder with them for over 1 year. They sure aren't going to contact me. Those days of customer service are way behind us.

They usually cancel order before it’s sits that long. I went through this once.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Everytime I have ordered from summit and the parts end up getting delayed longer then expected, They have always emailed. I don't order much at all from Jegs so cannot speak to them.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I am a bit spoiled having a Summit warehouse 30 minutes from the house if I need something quick I just run in there and get it. If the order is over $100 and I am not in a hurry I just have them ship it since its free and normally get it within 2 days max. On occasion for some odd reason they will ship a part from Ohio that is in stock at the Arlington warehouse and that's normally at least 3 days.
The other day I ordered a HVC 2 coil from Jegs because Summit was out of stock and it was on my doorstep in 3 days

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve been ordering from Summit for decades including numerous orders this year and have never had a problem.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been ordering from Jeg's for years had nothing but problems this year .Switched to Summit no problems at all great communication and updates

Posts: 8 | Location: Staten Island | Registered: January 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I was a Jegs guy for a long time, but I’m also a web order guy and Summit’s site is just better. Easier to filter to find what you want, and more detailed information.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I like and use both Summit / Jegs and have had good return / replacement service from both when something was delivered wrong.

I was at the ACE Ohio event this past weekend and Summit was on site. Got a replacement battery for the race car the next day. Wish I was close to either retail store.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've shipped and recieved quite a lot from JEGS, Nickels, Summit and Amazon last few months. I've been totally impressed by how fast you get things UPS, Fed Ex and Amazon nowadays.

What I have noticed is, the boxes look they're dropped off the Empire state building when you get them. I got a BBC hydraulic roller from Clay Smith today, those people know how to box and ship a camshaft. I was totally impressed how they protected it for shipping.

I haven't experienced any problems receiving items from any venders listed, they've all been excellent.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My son has had parts on back order from jegs for quite some time now. I ordered a flex plate and it just got extended again.......I'm about ready to cancel the order

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Guys... as a Manufacturer / Supplier (Collector Tethers & Drag Race Solutions) for both JEGS and Summit you can't believe how hard it is right now to fill orders. We are a small company and I know it's harder for larger ones right now.

Material that was in abundance is now hard to get, then you have anodizers / chromers that are covered up and way behind.

We're even struggling getting tooling in instances.

We will predict a backorder based on normal circumstances and then bam we get hit with one of the above.

When a backorder gets delayed like mentioned its from the supplier not the vendor you're dealing with.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
As far as photos go, that's also an issue we deal with. Mistakes happen and if the vendor doesn't verify... (Which I'm in the process of) they don't know it's wrong.

I know we have a few wrong and we are in the process of getting fixed as I know the problem it causes.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post