DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Going from a Turbo 400 to a Power Glide ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going from a Turbo 400 to a Power Glide ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
again, the weight difference alone will NOT have a gain in ET.

10, 20, 30 40 lbs. in bracket cars whether it be my former 3880 lb. Chevelle that I took 32 lbs. out of unspring weight or my dragster that I took 40 lbs. out of or the numerous racers that have taken 30+ lbs. off their car by swapping their steel hood for a fiberglass cowl hood, did not, does NOT make a difference on the time slip no mind swapping to an aluminum driveshaft or swapping steel drums for aluminum drums. NOTHING on the time slip.

As we all know. no two combinations are the same .
We have five 50lb weights we play around with on the truck, all behind the rear axle.

In 50lb increments It MOST DEFINITELY effects 60', ET and MPH. This is all footbraking at 3400 lbs.

In the past I've changed wheels and exhaust ect ...... on other cars with little noticeable difference. 50lbs changes this truck quite a bit.

Should I start name calling now ??? Not sure of the protocol on disagreements Big Grin

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Full Moon

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's your reply to your experience of 30 years?
One would think you'd push Dave Connelly out the way to make a 2nd gear change in the transmission. Maybe two grams in the clutch?

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post