DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    High quality wire, wiring accessories?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High quality wire, wiring accessories?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Where is the place to get high quality wire, ring terminals, splices, shrink tube, etc. Solder ready, uninsulated. Quality switches also.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Waytek

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Duetsch makes nice connector kits. I really like their stuff. Delphi has nice stuff too and sells kits. If you want really good wire make sure it meets SAE J 1127 or 1128. If it does they will typically advertise it. I tested A LOT of wire in a previous life. It is not all the same stuff.

Delcity or Allied have a lot of selections.

Try to buy cross linked cable when you do if your wiring a whole car. It has better abrasion and pinch properties. If I remember right it will have a TLX designation. It's been a lifetime since I did testing, I use to know what they all meant and what their applications were for.

Barney B on here would be the best guy to ask as he probably buys in bulk and looks for good quality.

Good luck.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will,
Check out these guys. They have the good tinned wire and connectors as well as lots of other stuff.

https://www.delcity.net/

For anything #12 and smaller I have been using the 3M heat shrink crimp fittings for a while now.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I recommend using crimp terminals that have the heat shrink crimp end. Helps protect the wire from corrosion and is just a little more work

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Waytek, Delcity, Aircraft Spruce and Buyheatshrink.com are all places that I’ve used over the years.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Waytek and DelCity is who we buy all our stuff from.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Will, this fellow is here in AZ. Local to me. He has some very good stuff as well.
https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
Marine wire is usually tinned and high quality. I can't remember exactly which site I got mine from, but it was a marine supply site, and cheaper than the ones mentioned above.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I get my stuff from The Electrical Depot. Very wide selection of stuff and great pricing.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1494 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill is correct. Don't overlook the marine supply places, especially if you are anywhere near the coast. The tinned wire and connectors are very good from these places.

Where I am we have a place called Englund Marine. Buy quite a bit of stuff from them. They have several locations along the West Coast.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post