DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    looking for Brake Pads - 4 piston
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for Brake Pads - 4 piston
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted
Rear Pads for Strange 4 piston. In the past I used B5022 before they were obsoleted - most likely because they would come crumble & come apart..
A friend got me these pads which I like, but don't know where they were bought?
BOX SAYS: 6-000285W BRAKE PADS, 4" (.472" THICK) F3-TORNADO, #85 COMPOUND, STANDARD, CURED, 1 AXLE
so if this makes sense to anyone - let me know please. Thanxs...

Posts: 257 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Those are TBM pads

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 495 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Richie B5022 are not obsolete. I just bought two sets direct from the Strange web site. I bought 2 sets because for awhile I thought they weren't available either so I got a ten year supply Cool I love them. Don't eat rotors no more . They have been on my 4.70 dragster 5 years still got a lot of life left but going to but the new ones on cause I feel guilty. I don't do any 1/4 mile however.

Why Do We Do This!

Posts: 15 | Location: United States | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
Those are TBM pads

Correct. TBM was bought out by Motion Raceworks and moved them from Calif to Florida. I have been running TBM pad for a couple of years and been happy with them
https://www.tbmbrakes.com/?gcl...TDHPTOoaAircEALw_wcB

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tech:
They have been on my 4.70 dragster 5 years still got a lot of life left

either, you haven't raced much in 5 years or you don't turn many win lights on.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tech:
They have been on my 4.70 dragster 5 years still got a lot of life left

either, you haven't raced much in 5 years or you don't turn many win lights on.

Well thanks for that very helpful post!
I'm sure your opinion will change lives. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What have you added to this thread goober? Answer …NOTHING!

The fact is no pad is lasting a full season of bracket racing in a dragster no mind 5 seasons.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We run only 1/8th with out 4.90 dragster. Change pads about half as often as we change brake fluid. We get 4-5 years out of pads but our 1/8th mile track use to be quarter mile, lot of coasting. Yep, we turn on our fair share of win lights.

I know a lot of drag racers have a difficult time trying to "bed the pads" correctly, especially if 1/8 mile racing. At 180 mph on a 1/4 mile short-shutdown track, having the brake pads "right" is important. 1/8 mile, we simply don't worry about it much and run "soft pads" so rotors last about 10 years.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Strange pads

Strange 5020 hard or soft on that page.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There are many ways to win rounds & more importantly win races without using brakes. Wink

Using the brakes is a very small percent of round wins or for that matter winning races in my program.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The TBM pads are awesome ....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
There are many ways to win rounds & more importantly win races without using brakes. Wink

Using the brakes is a very small percent of round wins or for that matter winning races in my program.

Says you who is clueless Laughing very hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

So are the Ferodo pads Wink

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

having run both ed, there not even close to the tbm's ... but thats just my opinion

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

Says you who is clueless Laughing very hard

Wrong

I back my wins up!

Unlike you whom can't put yourself into the seat & get the job done. So, STFU you washed up never was old man. We don't want to hear about your antique Wally/big check BS either. Get over yourself you pathetic loser. Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course you don’t want to hear about them because I’ve got them and you don’t loser Spitting you’re just another broke dyck that ain’t done shyt ever.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Know nothing, do nothing guerilla breath Ed won a
local duck pond Wally at a duck pond drag strip so shallow, it no longer exists.

On the other hand Sunshine Dragstrip which was Big Daddy Don Garlits home track, is the only historical landmark dragstrip on the planet. It'll be there forever.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
Thank You for the USEFUL Comments.

Posts: 257 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

having run both ed, there not even close to the tbm's ... but thats just my opinion

JR always appreciate your opinion, tbm maybe be a better pad for TD/TS running sub 6.50, but the bracket racers I know some of which are the best in the country, use their brakes during the run, not just at the finish line. For that purpose, the Ferodo pads provide consistent, reliable braking, first pass same as last pass without locking up as well without killing rotors. I swap them out when the master cylinder is down to half filled, less than 100 passes. Mark Williams for the WIN!

That said I remember not too long ago here, Carbon lorraine was being touted as the best pad, not so much anymore. I spoke to 2 racers I know personally that tried them and they are back to using Ferodo.

I’ve also read here that strange pads are actually Hawk pads which I’ve used back in day and they killed the rotors and had excessive brake dust.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

first pass same as last pass

Tell us you don’t know what you’re talking about without telling us you don’t know what you’re talking about. Big Grin

Power Tool

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post