DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    looking for Brake Pads - 4 piston
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for Brake Pads - 4 piston
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Unlike you whom can't put yourself into the seat & get the job done. So, STFU you washed up never was old man. We don't want to hear about your antique Wally/big check BS either. Get over yourself you pathetic loser. Razz

When you can turn on recent or future win lights & more importantly wins. With your butt in the seat/making decisions on using brakes; I might listen to your dribble. Until then, you're a washed-up racing loser. You would be better off tending to your flower bed, Cupcake! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The TBM pad made by Raybesto is the best I’ve ever run…

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tom you said this too Wink

quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Carbon lorraine FTW....

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our team prefers wearing out throttle cables instead blasting the brakes 5' before the stripe, but hey... that's just us, not anyone else. If you get the win lights you are looking for then "that's the plan" but we get years out of pads on the dragster and the S10. Strange brakes with Hawk pads on the RED and Baer on the S10.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you’re “blasting the brakes 5' before the stripe” you are not only clueless but a wreck waiting to happen!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I do not do that Ed, just a comparison.
As a track owner for 15 years I could see a lot of results of hard braking that others don't get to see. 80' skid marks that start about 5' in front of finish line then go 75' past, some years it looked like we had put a rubber drag down there ;-). Some of those skid marks from front brakes wandered over to the guardrail and worse.
Next to impossible to call the No Tire Smoke Rule as it is simply objective point of view BUT.... that said there are times and races that pounding the brakes works for someone and it must be a tough habit to break (BRAKE? LOL) or too much trouble to put a proportioning valve in???

Be safe out there,

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Tom you said this too Wink

quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Carbon lorraine FTW....
I agree until I run the TBM…you’ll catch on like you did with SR20’s

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nah, just no reason to fix what ain’t broken and as I stated, We know what we have after north of 1200 passes with these pads when we lay into the brake pedal. Very comfortable driving the stripe and no issue stopping nor eating rotors. Same pads on the Firebird too.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, just no reason to fix what ain’t broken and as I stated, We know what we have after north of 1200 passes with these pads when we lay into the brake pedal. Very comfortable driving the stripe and no issue stopping nor eating rotors. Same pads on the Firebird too.
For your racing I understand but I needed better an found it…

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'll keep them in mind if we ever go TD racing running 6.10 @ 220+ or TS running 6.30s at 220+

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
I contacted TBM / Motionraceworks.com, I got may pads I was looking for (#85). They are the most aggressive pad they sell, most go w/ #1 compound. Good to do business with - but found it odd the phone rep. didn't know thier pads fit Strange calipers..
Thanks All....

Posts: 257 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I switched to the TBM #85 pad on Whomper's suggestion a couple years ago. They are great pads especially at those short shut down tracks. The Ferodo's are great pads also but seem to need a couple passes to really break in, not needed with the TBM.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tony, I was informed last week when I placed my order with Mark Williams that Ferodo has changed their compound and it’s more aggressive.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tony, I was informed last week when I placed my order with Mark Williams that Ferodo has changed their compound and it’s more aggressive.

You will have to let me know the results when you try them.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Will do

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I replaced my pads Saturday night in Pomona. On my single Sunday morning in the semi i figured it would take a little heat to seat them in. Nope even on the burn out when i hit the brakes they were right there to my surprise. I will say that i got another surprise at the finish line when i put the brakes on as it locked up on me. I think Ed is right that the new Ferodo pads are more aggressive. Oh Tony i think i stepped on my own **** as i was bragging to Jimmy on Friday that the pads have been on there for over 2 years stopping at 200mph without a chute. Saturday they were done and dragging because they were so thin.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
I replaced my pads Saturday night in Pomona. On my single Sunday morning in the semi i figured it would take a little heat to seat them in. Nope even on the burn out when i hit the brakes they were right there to my surprise. I will say that i got another surprise at the finish line when i put the brakes on as it locked up on me. I think Ed is right that the new Ferodo pads are more aggressive. Oh Tony i think i stepped on my own **** as i was bragging to Jimmy on Friday that the pads have been on there for over 2 years stopping at 200mph without a chute. Saturday they were done and dragging because they were so thin.

lol Oops. I hate when I step on my own Richard.