DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dialing alky injection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dialing alky injection
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Similar weather in spring & fall. Summer is much more predictable. On mine, I leave the same pill in year round and adjust with shoe polish. It's real predictable so with a DA change, I know exactly what it's going to do. There's been times that I've been sitting in the lanes and water grains go from 125 to 100 and DA from 1800 to 500, in a 20 minute timeframe. Thats where the shoe polish comes in.

As said, don't overthink it because if you do, you'll pull your hairs out second guessing yourself.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I put the smaller pill in yesterday like everybody recommended even though the air was bad. Different driver so hard to say for sure, but seemed to run about he same as the “right” (leaner) pill for the air I was in.

It’s hard to wrap my head around leaving the car alone after running T/D for ~5 years. I rarely ever made two passes the same on those cars.

I was getting ready for the finals at Columbus years ago and I had some stuff out on the bench and was contemplating taking a swing at it to make up some mph difference against the 6.0 car I was going to run. Some folks were standing there watching me and one of the other drivers crew guys finally walked up and said “you’re not putting a new tuneup in it are you?!?, it’s printing tickets, leave it alone”. I did but it was hard.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I feel you pain. Years of heads up and I need another tenth.Leaving a car alone is going to my biggest problem. Add in the love of turning one screw and seeing car go faster.

Hell leaving the pan on when car is back home will be tough enough,but not changing something is going to be all new exercise.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4193 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I bet I never changed the main pill the last 3 years I ran Rons Injection and it would print tickets in both spring and summer. Like others have said watch the water grains and dew point when dialing your car but mine would not normally vary more than .020 all day, hell most are holding more than that.
Now my blown TD deal is a whole different animal when it comes to tuning..

Yeah, me too. I found the sweet spot with the tune and just leve it. It seems to repeat just fine at any time of the year.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I NEVER make a tuning change on race day unless something isn't right. Every time you make a change it changes what the car will run. No tuning changes = easier to predict from one run to the next. I also invested in Don's software and a weather station. Before I just guessed and looked at trends. Now I can make better et calls and I have solid data for what conditions I run that et under. Now if I could just cut a light better...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post