DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Meziere releases new oil priming pump system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meziere releases new oil priming pump system
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Meziere Oil Pressure Primer Article

Really like this new product from Meziere!

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. I don't know how much I need it. But cool nonetheless.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I didn't hear anything about a filter in the system? I'd be leery about pulling oil from the bottom of the pan without one?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
These are kind of cool if using a remote filter.

Peterson primer

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think it's a really great idea, not that it just helps save the starter but that it pre-lubes the engine prior to firing. I don't see any down side at all.

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
neat piece. accusump is another alternative

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I think it's a really great idea, not that it just helps save the starter but that it pre-lubes the engine prior to firing. I don't see any down side at all.

Does anyone build pressure with the starter prior to firing the engine?

I think the only time I do that is following the 'pre-storage' oil change, to get fresh oil through the passages without getting fuel or combustion byproducts in the oil.

Not that this isn't a neat idea, but I think I'd use an accumulator if I was worried about prelubing. It can also help with pressure loss during a run, which this would not.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
All three motors have the Peterson or K&N primer. Really don’t need them they are heavier. Easy to flip belt off and prime. If it’s been sitting long then it’s belt off and primed everywhere.

I would think as bad as the new oils are cranking cold after long term sitting would probably take a toll.
But I know a bunch who don’t prime.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4511 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
I didn't hear anything about a filter in the system? I'd be leery about pulling oil from the bottom of the pan without one?

Bill, The pump has a 100 micron screen on the inlet side built in. This helps protect the pump. It can be removed and cleaned as needed.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I assumed it would have a filter, surprised it wasn't mentioned?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Be certain your filter has an anti-drain-back valve (in this case an anti back flush valve). Some of the vertical mount race filters don't.

In the poorboy set up I rigged up I had a ball valve where the line taps into the oil galley to preclude back flow when the line saw engine oil pressure.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post