DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    PST project ready for the track
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PST project ready for the track
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Same exact problem on my Toyoto Truck years ago i had built. It is almost impossible to work on.Actual about 3" on a good day. Had to build wooden ramps just to get it in the shop with the lift.One of the first SG trucks built in the 80's Trailer was another story. Had to send the truck to Wisc just for the headers to be built. They were strictly downs. Took him close to 3 months to build them. First and last on this truck.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue with the vette 63 with a long style s/g front end made 3 ft. long ramps from 2x6s ground taper with large body grinder left 1/1/2 ft. flat aluminum angle inverted on front with counter sunk screws saved me many times from pulling front off to jackup

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That's one great ride ! Is that the same color you had on the Camaro?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Took the truck out on Sunday for TnT, frustrating day to say the least, had multiple new car bugs but biggest issue is the new converter is just too tight and it was leaving like a total turd. made 4 runs and best was a 5.64 @ 123 but it looked good doing it, had multiple compliments on the truck.
After running 6.10 at 235 the past few years, going this slow is going to take a while to get used to if I ever do

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
the new converter is just too tight

Is the one for sale worth trying?

Converters

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
the new converter is just too tight

Is the one for sale worth trying?

Converters

Trans came out of my TD and has a big shaft so the converter has to have the right turbine. Its a brand new converter, and like most its like throwing darts, sometimes you hit a bullseye and sometimes you dont just part of the deal
What sucks is this is a 6.0 Chassis and trans has to come out the passenger door Mad

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post