DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Boring in here let's start a debate. To cross or not?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boring in here let's start a debate. To cross or not?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess its door car only question since nobody said they strap over tire?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4472 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cashflow, never done it myself, but have seen it quite a few times.

Posts: 532 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I assume "straps" refer to webbing straps, which is all the rage these days in our throw away world. Chains w/chain booms eliminate a lot of the perceived problems mentioned in the vid. Hey, maybe if they had "seat chains" NHRA could do away with seat belt re certs! Didn't think of that

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2365 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I remember a fellow racer 20 something years ago flipped his enclosed trailer. He used chains and binders. The car stayed tied down to the floor, while upside down.

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Why use straps? Just put it in park.

A little spray of VTH on the floor and you are glued down... Big Grin

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1230 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I cross mine front and back. Still almost had the roadster come off the top of the lift. Have at least two friends that have had a car bounce off the lift and into the wall of their stackers. Found mine an inch from the side one time coming back from Charlotte (6 hour tow on 95). Since then I still cross them, but also add two side pull straps that go to the frame and floor of the lift.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Secret on the lifts...tie the lift to the floor as it will bounce the lift itself with car tied to it. Cars stopped bouncing off of lift and to the side when I started strapping the lift to the floor.

Just my experience...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Chris,

How are you tying it to the floor?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Hook ratchet strap to lift and other end to D ring on floor of trailer...front and back of lift.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Got it, thank you sir!

Rob Robertson

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I went with my friend Craig Liles to the Topeka Divisional race and after we loaded my car up top he tied the floor down also. He tied it to the big pins that the lift sits on. Looked like a pretty good idea to me.

I don't normally tie the front end of my dragster down tight when it's in my trailer. I just use a Mac's strap that is lightly cinched in order to keep it from moving around but we tied the front end down pretty tight since it was on the lift.

Things do seem to move around a bit more up in the air.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5332 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Do you like a woman in a black brassiere with the straps crossed in the back, or just straight up and down?

Posts: 377 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like it when the bra is on the foot of the bed....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4541 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5332 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I guess I've been lucky. I've crossed my straps for 20 years with 0 problems. I don't even understand this phantom "strap migration" issue the dude talks about. I've never had a strap move, let alone migrate.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I double cross everything and everybody.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
I think the #1 tow question is, park or neutral?
I cross front and rear....

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post