Bracket Talk
Two Piston Front Brake Calipers

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/6917056007

July 09, 2023, 01:30 PM
RPROGAS
Two Piston Front Brake Calipers
I have a '27 "T" Roadster with Anglia spindles that use single piston Wilwood front brakes. I would like to change to a two piston caliper but keep the rotors.

I just need to improve the stopping capability and am looking for feedback from folks using two piston calipers. What brand are you using, and how were the results?

Bob
July 09, 2023, 05:00 PM
SCDIV1
A light car with small front tires is not a good match for doing that IMHO

The rear brakes are where you want more stopping power....

Improve your brakes at the back or add a second system with a hand brake.....allows you to use it when you want to and not all the time...

I had dual brakes in my dragster with the separate hand brake and used them both

Yes I know it's a lot more to add that option but well worth it....

OR add a second set of rear calipers run off your existing foot pedal...

You might need to change the master cylinder but that's an easier option overall.....
July 09, 2023, 06:21 PM
SP 124X
I'd also recommend dual rear calipers vs more front stopping power. I put them in for safety when my kids started driving my dragster. It stops extremely well alternating foot to hand brake and using it becomes natural if there is ever a brake failure.

Before doing all of that id get a brake pressure gauge and check the pressure at the calipers. Pretty sure Mark Williams had a good write up on brake pressure.

Denis LeBlanc