DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Two Piston Front Brake Calipers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Piston Front Brake Calipers
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I have a '27 "T" Roadster with Anglia spindles that use single piston Wilwood front brakes. I would like to change to a two piston caliper but keep the rotors.

I just need to improve the stopping capability and am looking for feedback from folks using two piston calipers. What brand are you using, and how were the results?

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
A light car with small front tires is not a good match for doing that IMHO

The rear brakes are where you want more stopping power....

Improve your brakes at the back or add a second system with a hand brake.....allows you to use it when you want to and not all the time...

I had dual brakes in my dragster with the separate hand brake and used them both

Yes I know it's a lot more to add that option but well worth it....

OR add a second set of rear calipers run off your existing foot pedal...

You might need to change the master cylinder but that's an easier option overall.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd also recommend dual rear calipers vs more front stopping power. I put them in for safety when my kids started driving my dragster. It stops extremely well alternating foot to hand brake and using it becomes natural if there is ever a brake failure.

Before doing all of that id get a brake pressure gauge and check the pressure at the calipers. Pretty sure Mark Williams had a good write up on brake pressure.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post