DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    87 sbc parts swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

87 sbc parts swap
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
MY FIRST BUILD WITH 87 SBC OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS REAR MAIN SEAL AREA QUESTION IS CAN I USE MY SOLID ROLLER CAM LIFTERS CHAIN AND GEARS OUT OF MY 78 SBC BLOCK

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have built a couple, and the only thing I discovered that wont work is the front cover with a double chain. The plastic cover is to thin. I built them stock so I just went back with the single gear and chain setup, with a new front cover. They say the covers are one and done because there isnt a gasket on them. I havent looked for an aftermarket front cover for a double chain yet for those engines.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post