Find
Notify
Tools

Stacker trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tyler Laue
posted
I am looking at upgrading my trailer in the near future and came across a 30’ aluminum stacker. My question is, would my diesel dually be able to handle it safely while towing 2 door cars or just stick with the long gooseneck?
Thanks

Posts: 18 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t do it but It’s been done and it’s not the smartest or safest way to haul two cars. Make sure your stuff is fully insured and you’ve got a good lawyer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tyler Laue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I wouldn’t do it but It’s been done and it’s not the smartest or safest way to haul two cars. Make sure your stuff is fully insured and you’ve got a good lawyer.

Deal. I do have a lawyer and she’s pretty good. Thanks Ed i appreciate the input.

Posts: 18 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have wondered this with pusher motorhomes. I see it done a lot. I have heard some say they can be a handful. Better with a toad.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I towed a 32 foot goldrush stacker from Florida to New York, empty, with a brand new diesel dually and it was a white knuckle ride.....I would recommend it at all.......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will it do it yes, should you do it HE*L NO.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HSMITH1039:
I towed a 32 foot goldrush stacker from Florida to New York, empty, with a brand new diesel dually and it was a white knuckle ride.....I wouldn't recommend it at all.......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post