DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Kestrel meter mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kestrel meter mount
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Packmule
posted
Just curios if anyone using a kestrel 4250 has made a holder of some sort for use at the trailer? I was thinking of something along the lines mounted to a short rod that would attach near the door of the trailer or someplace outside so you could read the meter with out having to pick it up and handle it, seems to have a lot of fluctuation on the reading when you handle it.

Posts: 18 | Location: Southeast Missouri | Registered: January 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a 5100 and usually hang it from the lanyard in the shade. I think this helps keep it temperature stable for quicker readings.

Posts: 26 | Location: TEXAS...waiting to secede! | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same situation. The only thing I found was a wind vane (Google search "Kestrel wind vane", too much trouble to post pics on here) that holds the device hands-free or a clamp-mount on Amazon that has a thumb-screw on it and holds it from the sides. I ordered the clamp mount & I'm going to mount it to a clipboard so I can write the weather on the timeslip without having the Kestrel in my hand...
The Kestrel instructions tell you not to cover the sensors in the back with your hand for accuracy but it basically makes it impossible to hold the thing!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the kestrel 5100 and weather vain mounted to the top of a painters pole. On the trailer I have two spring loaded broom holder/clips.

When I had the 4250 I just let it hang as others have said

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I hang mine from the lanyard, I can turn it on and read it while it's hanging. As far as logging I use the timeline data for that.

Posts: 1467 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I had a 4250 that just started giving me problems turning on after 13 years hanging from the roof of my golf cart. Dang durable pieces - I bought the 5100 now and like it just as well.
I do wish the strap was on the top of the gauge instead of the bottom, so you don't have to pick the gauge right side up every time I try to read it.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post