DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Blower Belt 3" x 14 mm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blower Belt 3" x 14 mm?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
We are updating our ProCharger “Slide Slinger” F3-R-112 from a 14mm 2.6” to a 3” blower belt to better handle the high 8000+ RPM loads. The original 2.6” belt is just over 75” [1905mm].

I have been looking on the internet for a 75” to 76” 14mm x 3” belt to no avail. I have only been able to find several sources for a 74.4” 14mm x 3” belt.

Can anyone out there point me to a source for the wider and longer belt?

Thanks… DG

Posts: 442 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
jones has the best selection i have found (610) 847-2028

they have way more stuff than shown on the WEB

https://www.jonesracingproducts.com/#p=1

Posts: 674 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I will call them, but the catalog only shows a 74.4" belt as their longest!

DG

Posts: 442 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
Thanks!

I will call them, but the catalog only shows a 74.4" belt as their longest!

DG

Just put a smaller pulley on the blower Praying lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.goodvibesracing.co..._14mm.html#StarRacer

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are not far from me and I actually checked here first.
70" is the longest they have.

We need the longer belt to add length for the idler pulley we added to ensure belt clearance to the chassis on the "Side Slinger".

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You might try calling Andy Wilfong at Forced Induction Supercharger Technology in La Habra.

His phone number is: (562) 665-7796.

Bob

Posts: 3155 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
You might try calling Andy Wilfong at Forced Induction Supercharger Technology in La Habra.

His phone number is: (562) 665-7796.

Bob

He referred me to Good Vibrations!

Been there, done that!

DG

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone for all of your suggestions.

We were able to change the Adjustment pully to a bigger diameter and use the "standard" 74.4" Kevlar 3" belt.

DG