DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Everlast welder 210EXT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everlast welder 210EXT
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted
I am looking for a tig welder for my shop that I can use to fab brackets and different things for and on the racecars. I found a Everlast 210EXT for pretty reasonable price and wondered if anyone had any real world experience with this model? Thanks

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. My friend has the mig tig combo and loves his also.Great welder for the money!!

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I work on welders and have for 20+ years...
Miller's and in the past Lincolns...and others

I bought a Harbor Freight Vulcan Pro Tig 205 a couple months ago and it is an excellent machine....

I could not justify spending 2 times or more the price for a machine for home use.

Lincoln Tig 200 is up to 1700-1800
Miller Diversion is over $2000

Yes they come with a 3 year warrantee and are USA companies ....all the cheaper machines are import built...China mostly...

I added some diagonals to my car and used the Vulcan machine a lot.....
Works perfect and is very adjustable with pulse and frequency adjustments....It is an AC/
DC machine so it can weld aluminum....

I used it yesterday making some added clearance on a couple tubes......worked perfect....

The last few months I've had nothing but negative experiences trying to fix name brand machines in LIKE NEW condition inside and out.....
No PC Boards available, period....end of story....

You have a high end USA built machine from 15-20 years ago and it quits, you are out of luck....even if it was barely used like the 2 I just had....

I also had another small inverter with a failed part and that too was unavailable.....I had to repair the old one and was lucky I could....

They will be happy to sell you a new machine and it will be an inverter design....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input,I can pick this up way cheap and it has hardly been used. About 1/2 the cost of new. I had thought about a Vulcan just didn’t know if they were worth a dang.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I did look at the Everlast machines and they get mostly favorable reviews.....

Almost bought one myself...

HF hit me with a discount E-mail and got me...

I also had looked at some used Miller's, transformer based machines.....

A used Miller was much higher than what I bought...

I bought the machine, a cart, a helmet and added a pile of accessories and a super flex torch cable from HTP.....That was a huge help for welding out of position....typical racecar work...

HTP also sells some nice machines and accessories..... Those Machines are all Euro built....Mostly Italy....Prices are fairly high for those...I have no first hand experience with those or the Everlast units.

They are all Inverters......Basically throw away if they fail for smallish, cheap machines....Warrantee is sketchy at best on any of them....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a everlast not that model tho and for the money they are hard to beat I run the 255ext and really besides the regulator I dont have any complaints

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

I bought a Harbor Freight Vulcan Pro Tig 205 a couple months ago and it is an excellent machine....

Rich: Have you tried welding aluminum yet? Does that machine have adjustments for balance, frequency, etc?

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
No Matt I have not welded aluminum yet with it.

It does have frequency and balance adjustments and it has a pulser.

I used the pulser to weld some 4130 tubes on my car and it was big help.

From the videos I've seen about the machine on Youtube....It welds aluminum very well.

Controls are very easy to adjust and the only issue I found is exactly what one guy said on a video reviewing the machine...

The torch cable supplied with the machine is too bulky and stiff......I replaced it with a superflex cable from HTP .....makes hand control of the torch much better.....especially welding in awkward positions on my dragster.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXrblaqLjPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flv4gfzHwXM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies I ended up buy the 210ext so hopefully it will be a good investment. Got a sweet deal on it about 1/2 price of new. And it’s about 6 months old so fingers crossed it’ll work good for me

Mike Buchwald