DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Differences in temp readings, sensor location?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Differences in temp readings, sensor location?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Has anyone moved their sensor location on their motor and seen a difference in readings? I have an iron headed SBC and my mechanical temp sensor is in the head. It seems it holds heat on the gauge a lot more that if it was in the aluminum intake or the water neck. Been watching my temp gauge a LOT this past week while trying alcohol carb.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
It is close to a exhaust port.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Yes it is close to an exhaust port, SBC head the plug for the temp sensor is on the exhaust side of the head just below the 1-3 ports

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have one in the block on our injected bbc. It stays pretty constant and reads a fair amount different than what the heads show with a temp gun.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post