New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lexan Stains
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Cleaning a carb, I accidentally got the carb cleaner on my lexan back window. Any one know of a way to get rid of the marks it left?

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ytoddmalibu
posted Hide Post
I would try Plexus lexan spray cleaner

Todd P

3/28/2014 RIP Juli Pasch the love of my life for ever

Posts: 29 | Location: MidMichMotorplex | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Novas I believe it’s call. It’s a polish and start with the heavy polish then go find. I have been in same boat.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Use caution. The carb cleaner likely melted (read dissolved) the Lexan. You don't want to be overly aggressive in attempting to remove the "stain" and dig a worse low spot, via abrasives, in the plastic. Good luck.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
If it has the mar resistant coating on it, forget it.
If it does not then the three steps of plexus cleaner/compound with a buffer and a new bonnet.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing with a piece of lexan. Pretty much had to replace it...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1471 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I walked in on my Friend (my paint sponsor) rubbing on my MarGaurd windows with friggen paint thinner. I just about fell out. I couldn't believe it didn't hurt them. MarGuard is some good stuff.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
My lexan rear window got ruined...I replaced it last week with real glass...looks like factory but it was a bit heavier...total of 14 lbs. heavier, however being a bracket racer, no biggie...I'll never have to worry about it again...

Oh yeah...to replace the lexan was 400 bucks...the glass cost me 300 bucks...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post