DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Calvert Shocks vs Competition Engineering
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calvert Shocks vs Competition Engineering
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
One of the Competition Engineering front shock has taken a chit. Any one here have any experience with the Calvert front shock, (CF 43093) 3 way adjustable? These CE didn't last but 4 races.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a new set of C2600 Competition Engineering you can have free.

They're collecting dust here a mile from the Madeira Beach Causeway.

Three adjustments

90/10
80/20
50/50

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike, thats a heck of an endorsement. Big Grin

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Mike, thats a heck of an endorsement. Big Grin

The fact they haven't been eighty sixed, is the True endorsement. Smile

They do work to a degree. Been waiting to give em to someone they'd help get going.

I got going with em years ago.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
I have ran both the CE & the Calvert shocks you have mentioned. The CE is a 3-way, the Calvert is a 90/10 with no adjustment. If I were you, I’d step up to at least a strange single adjustable before I bought the Calverts. I liked the CE better between the 2 choices you have listed.

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
QA1 Stocker Star shocks are some of the best money I've ever spent on my car.
Mine are the first generation 12 click single adjustable, I would probably go with the R Series when I replace these. Been on the car 20 years, probably 2800+ runs and 30K+ trailer miles.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Calvert Shocks vs Competition Engineering

Both are junk

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I've worked on a couple stock frontend cars that used AFCO's and I was impressed by them.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That is the shock I would advise purchasing and what I use on my Firebird and would have swapped to on the front of my chevelle had I kept it, had them in the rear.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post