DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    How many runs on little bubba's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many runs on little bubba's
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of johnracer
posted
How many runs are most getting out of little bubbas on a 7.50ish dragster?

Posts: 51 | Location: Rifle Colorado | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
On the bracket car I use to put a new set of 3190s on at 200 runs just cause I felt guilty, new set didnt feel or work any different then the old set so probably could of gone longer. This was running 1/8 mile

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Change when you feel comfortable, but we try to change around 250 runs. I know some go 300-350

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I've gotten 300 runs before, and only changed cause tires were a few years old at that point so just wanted a fresh set for the season with a few big races that year. On a 7.50ish (4.70's I assume), I don't see why 250-300 couldn't be done. Unless you are a heavy car with a lot of power, then that will abuse them more than a light car with less power to get to the same ET. I was going 4.90's at 1980-2000lbs for most of those 300 runs, with 1.10-1.12 60' most of the time.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
For you guys that are getting 300 passes out of those tires. How long does it take to put that many passes on those tires?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 706 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
For you guys that are getting 300 passes out of those tires. How long does it take to put that many passes on those tires?

I had put 300 on in two seasons. Not much doubling or 3 day weekends in that time period. I know some guys can get 300-500 passes in one season.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post