DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valve cover evac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve cover evac
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have always run your standard out of the valve cover to the collector evac tubes. I just bought a new set of valve covers and figured I would throw it out there and see what you guys thought about them or if there’s a better solution. It is an alcohol BBC with no vacuum pump. I normally have them out of the front of each valve cover

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Invest in a vacuum pump just my 2 cents

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Vacuum pump will pick the car up too much. I’m already running a throttle reduced plate to slow the car down.

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I run a BBC 540 with the EVAC tubes.
Intended to put vac pump on many years ago, just never have.
We run alky, I use the sealed adapters with the ball check valve out the standard location valve cover hole, located on the front end of the cover.

It still works "OK"

Using #8 soft black tubing

I can't remember the name of the company that made the fittings, they are out of business now anyway

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
SHOGUN

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine don't have those tubes. Have a line tapped into the valley part of the intake, a PVC valve, more line and tapped into the intake right under the carb. This is a 494 Olds stroker motor but has worked for years this way even with near stock motors. Never tried a vacum pump.

Posts: 6206 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ran bbc with vaqc tubes with injection for years no problem.I do agree a vacuum pump is better deal.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
Your oil will thank you if you install a vacuum pump

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post