New
Find
Notify
Tools

About E85
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Really appreciate the feedback. Thank you. I currently run gas and I am moving my CR up to 13.5 to 1. It was pretty low before 10.6. I was considering trying E85 and was interested in what other people have got up to in CR using it.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Maxx Levell
posted Hide Post
I've run it in my SBF @ 13.5:1 and had no issues at all.

Maxx Levell

If you're gonna be a bear...be a GRIZZLY!

Posts: 92 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BG77 I am sorry I misread about CR I should have caught that . My motors are 13.9 & 14.1 and I haven't had any issues.

Posts: 65 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR6223 Monza:
BG77 I am sorry I misread about CR I should have caught that . My motors are 13.9 & 14.1 and I haven't had any issues.

Not a problem at all and I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like it can be a great cost savings if you can find true 85. If going to drums it sounds like 6 of one have a dozen of the other. For consistency it sounds like reported improvements by many but I understand the tune plug combo can be touchy.
Does anyone run any specific pump volume. I dont know if what I have will be sufficient. Just trying to spend my budget wisely. Already into more than I planned for this winter but it is racing so you will have that.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I run a Barry Grant 280 with a rear mounted fuel cell through -10 line to the regulator and a dedicated line to front and rear bowls , with no fuel log with -6 lines. Fuel pressure is @ 6lbs initial and will fall back to 5.5 on the mat. Im sure you have already read a lot of different material on it so I wont bore you with details. It does use about 30% more fuel than race gas.

Posts: 65 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jason Haley
posted Hide Post
E85 is a fantastic fuel when you get the tuning right. That being said, it can be a little tedious and time consuming to get it right depending on the combination.

Slow S-10
Slower Cutlass

Posts: 39 | Location: Smiths Grove, KY | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My engine builder isn't crazy about me running it but I am considering it.

BG