Find
Notify
Tools

Slick lettering
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
My friend wants to remove the white lettering off of his slicks. What do you use?

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lacquer thinner

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mineral spirits, which is a paint thinner and cleaning agent. Methanol will work also.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Thinner and Scotchbrite.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
Brake cleaner and a brass tooth brush.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the wall...

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
the wall...

That way is kinda pricey, but I’ve seen it happen.

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I can of carb cleaner and scotch brite pad works well

Posts: 2428 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
My friend wants to remove the white lettering off of his slicks. What do you use?

If your friend is embarrassed to run Hoosiers just tell him to paint M/T on them after removing the Hoosier name. lol. I know an ex world champion stock and SS class racer who used to paint Hoosier on his Goodyears because he was sponsored by Hoosier but the goodyears worked better on his car. Couldn't tell unless you bent over and looked real close next to it.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:

If your friend is embarrassed to run Hoosiers just tell him to paint M/T on them after removing the Hoosier name. lol. I know an ex world champion stock and SS class racer who used to paint Hoosier on his Goodyears because he was sponsored by Hoosier but the goodyears worked better on his car. Couldn't tell unless you bent over and looked real close next to it.

I think it's strictly about looks and I feel the same way. Paying $850 for a pair of tires should relieve the buyer of advertising if he wishes. What happened to only painting one side of the tire, or is that only done for the fronts?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Removing the lettering is an appearance thing mainly for those with door cars that want the appearance of a street car. Been there, done that for too many years with my Chevelle but no more, I have race cars and race cars have the manufacture’s name brightly painted on their tires.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I love my Hooisers, but that lettering is ugly of uglies. I like my tires to be clean looking so the white gotta go.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post