Find
Notify
Tools

Tires!
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of nhra431
posted
Needing some info on tires I have the 3080 on my dragster now but having issues with tire shake I have a set of 16” non bead lock wheels but I am curious if anyone has ran the little bubba with just rim screws. And how much performance change should I expect going from the 3080 to the 3191w
I’m 1.06 3.04 4.75 143 right now with the 3080.

Posts: 8 | Location: arkansas | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Get a set of 3183’s
Don’t need beadlocks and they should work fine

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of nhra431
posted Hide Post
Can’t get the 3183 nobody has them that was the tire I wanted

Posts: 8 | Location: arkansas | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
3183 along with a handful of other tires are on a production hold.

How much tire pressure on the 3080. We've been 4.65 148 with no problems.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 470 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of nhra431
posted Hide Post
Anywhere from 4 1/2 to 6 no change tire worked great going high 80s low 90s gave it more power and the tire shake and chewing the tire up started

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anywhere from 4 1/2 to 6 no change tire worked great going high 80s low 90s gave it more power and the tire shake and chewing the tire up started

Is it a 4 link? if so try and spread the bar angles...bottom bar down in front a hole top bar UP a hole in front.pull some of the teeth out of her

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have been 4.40's on that tire. If I lean on the 60' harder than 1.05, I'm just asking for tire shake. Mine usually shakes 30 to 70' out. When that tire is unhappy, it's really unhappy. I see the 3080 is not being offered at this time. Mine are mounted on a 16" wide beadlock.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhra431:

I went from a 3183 to a 3191W
I feel like the 3183's were always faster....better MPH......Need a 4.30 gear with the 3191W and maybe it would be better
Ran the 3183's without beadlocks and with on the same rims converted to beadlocks

Neither tire ever shook and both work fine but I am mostly S/C racing on the stop

The few times I bracket raced 60's were not good but that's at a track that's not great

1.08 was the best 60' and my car probably is 4.70's at best.

If you can't get 3183's buy Hoosier 18700's, CO-6 and they don't need beadlocks.....

That Hoosier worked well for me at most tracks and going 7.50's or S/C racing....One set I had skated around at mid track but I'd blame the track more than the tire.....

At a well prepped track there was zero issues with either M/T or Hoosier.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i've been low 4.40s high 4.30s with the x5 little bubba non-beadlock alumastar. no issues.

I understand some non-beadlock wheels have issues with the bead and the little bubba, but have no personal experience with issues.

From 5.20s to 4.30s with the little bubba, only required some shock adjustments. prints tickets at all et's...just needs a driver.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by nhra431:

I went from a 3183 to a 3191W
I feel like the 3183's were always faster....better MPH......Need a 4.30 gear with the 3191W and maybe it would be better
Ran the 3183's without beadlocks and with on the same rims converted to beadlocks

Neither tire ever shook and both work fine but I am mostly S/C racing on the stop

The few times I bracket raced 60's were not good but that's at a track that's not great

1.08 was the best 60' and my car probably is 4.70's at best.

If you can't get 3183's buy Hoosier 18700's, CO-6 and they don't need beadlocks.....

That Hoosier worked well for me at most tracks and going 7.50's or S/C racing....One set I had skated around at mid track but I'd blame the track more than the tire.....

At a well prepped track there was zero issues with either M/T or Hoosier.....

Rich, at our track over the years we have seen similar results however the MT has a larger sweet spot than the Hoosier tire, meaning it worked better over a wider range of track conditions.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post