DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Fender exit headers thru fiberglass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fender exit headers thru fiberglass
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted
I have a vega that I put front exit headers on and will be going thru a fiberglass front end. Can I just put a exhaust bezel thru the fender or will it burn up the fiberglass? Never did this before.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
I just have a stainless trim ring around mine and no issues at all. My collector has about 1/4" clearance around it.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No rings through a fiberglass fender and no issues here.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Same here on the Monza, glass front, no rings and have about 3/8" clearance around the collector.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I had a carbon ring around mine on the Avenger. No issues.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I ordered some billet rings just to be safe.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just make sure it’s through far enough. Apparently my fenders bow put a little at speed. I only had a small stick through at first and it made a mess of the front end.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post