DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16x16 Bead locks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16x16 Bead locks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Weld is 6-10 weeks out before being delivered. Any recommendations on another quality product? No trash that cracks needed.
10 weeks is a long time.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Lindsay, Sanders, Richardson Boys, Billet Specialties.. Just to name a few, but plenty out there. Just stay away from Spinwerks...

Another option is sending your wheels to some of the above mentioned companies or others like Dewzen, Macfab and maybe Extreme Fab to have them converted to beadlocks.

You can also check Facebook Marketplace, or like some of the other groups on facebook and find a really nice used set..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dirt Dobber and I got our wheels back from Exstreme Fab and so far I'm very pleased. The workmanship looks great, they got them turned around pretty dang quickly and I got the tires mounted yesterday. All went well. Bruce Blair is the guy to talk to and he did exactly what he said he would. 203-909-6732

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5315 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Neil and Parks does the conversion as well and I was very happy with the turn around and the quality.
With the crazy cost of new beadlock wheels today, I might be tempted to take a nice set of regulars and have them converted. I may do that when I go to 16"

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have 17 wide Beadlocks at this time. The conversion is of the table. I want new also.
I can have Billet Specialties in two weeks. I can wait two weeks , just not 10. I would like to support the little guy instead of Jegs. If anyone knows someone, Great.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Billet-...CD076167350/10002/-1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
What ever you buy Just make sure there is a SFI 15.1 or better sticker on them if you plan on racing NHRA TD

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
Weld is 6-10 weeks out before being delivered.

which wheel?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
Lindsay, Sanders, Richardson Boys, Billet Specialties.. Just to name a few, but plenty out there. Just stay away from Spinwerks...

Another option is sending your wheels to some of the above mentioned companies or others like Dewzen, Macfab and maybe Extreme Fab to have them converted to beadlocks.

You can also check Facebook Marketplace, or like some of the other groups on facebook and find a really nice used set..

Spinworks are ok if u replace the centers with a Weld center. They just need to be turned down a small amount to fit correctly.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That would be for the V series Ed.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what bolt pattern, back space and finish?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
5”BS. 5x5. Finish whatever is available.
Thanks

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
David Lanning in Michigan has a set on facebook.
Weld Double Beadlocks
Polished Lite version
4.75 Bolt Pattern
5” Back Spacing
SFI stickers intact
All hardware included (not in pictures)
Part # 86P-616280UP
$2700 obo
(would take a set of non beadlocks or 9.800 dart bbc block in on trade towards)
517-677-6406

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Delta-1 are available in the size you want.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed, I may go with those. Weld is proud of those $3k+ per.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes an the anodizing has went to junk....

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's both good and bad news.
Thanks

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
everybody's black anodizing is JUNK! That said my Delta-1s installed 3 years ago have held up well.

quote:

If you want them QuarterMax aka Rick Jones Race cars has them in both black and polished, ask for Adam.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
We had our wheels done here:

https://neilparks.com/beadlocks.html

Great guys! Good prices, super quality, and quick turnaround!

Check them out!

Posts: 419 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the help, New rims have been ordered. The conversion is out of the question. I am going down in width from 17' to 16" , plus the need to be SFI 15.1 or 15.2

Thanks guys. Appreciate the insight.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what wheel did you get?