New
Find
Notify
Tools

shot clock
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There are a few racers who are known for taking their time. I respect that. But I also know that I can "rattle their cage" if I quick stage them. 20 seconds. If car does not stage withing 20 sec of the other racer's stage, they get an automatic red. We griped about this years ago and it helped but didn't solve it, again there are very few who are known for being "slow" but we usually know who they are, and if everything's right, we ain't scared to pull in quickly. Did it on a 10k in 2007, and won.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:
But I also know that I can "rattle their cage" if I quick stage them. 20 seconds. If car does not stage withing 20 sec of the other racer's stage, they get an automatic red.

with your knowledge of auto start it's no wonder your last win, likely only win was 16 years ago! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:
But I also know that I can "rattle their cage" if I quick stage them. 20 seconds. If car does not stage withing 20 sec of the other racer's stage, they get an automatic red.

with your knowledge of auto start it's no wonder your last win, likely only win was 16 years ago! Laughing very hard

Serious question Ed: When was YOUR last win, with you actually driving the car?

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Y’all over think this s h i z…

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
a slow box car fooker had to come up with this dumbass idea of a shot clock. I remember 25 years ago people doing 2 burnouts and 10 dry hops....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
a slow box car fooker had to come up with this dumbass idea of a shot clock. I remember 25 years ago people doing 2 burnouts and 10 dry hops....

aaah yes , I remember the dry hop well.... just like the pro stockers used to do ..lol

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:

aaah yes , I remember the dry hop well.... just like the pro stockers used to do ..lol

Dad used to do a burnout, and 2-3 dry hops. Thos were the days, days when racers didnt cry about EVERYTHING!!!
My first 10 years of racing, I had to look at other side of tree to crossover...lol

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post