New
Find
Notify
Tools

shot clock
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Routine = repeated consistently without variation. So no it's not their routine, it's a tactic.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong it's their routine and again not illegal

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nope

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re STILL Wrong and clueless!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The clueless Ediot speaks out of his azz

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
many will knock top light on, start bumping then turn wheel and continue to bump until bottom light comes on then straighten wheel thus knowing that one bump is all they need. so this = routine.

after said process then turning the wheel to try and screw with somebody = tactic.

so i guess both of you are correct.

ep-one may be sh1tty but neither are illegal

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pauley…KNOWS!

Meanwhile the clueless nobody old man who also tried to hide behind his other screen name I.P. Dailey after he claimed he was never coming back until I outed this loser Laughing very hard those losers announcing they are leaving this forum NEVER leave!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
so i guess both of you are correct.

Pauley knows!

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some people have NO CLASS.

BG

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I normally never F around and it doesn't matter one bit if I go in first or last.... That being said there are the usual suspects that will NEVER EVER stage first. One of em actually hung me out on a time run!! LOL!!

I will not hesitate to turn the wheel on them when we race, hopefully when they are staring me down. Now you have 7 seconds to get in sir!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Anderson:
I will not hesitate to turn the wheel on them when we race, hopefully when they are staring me down. Now you have 7 seconds to get in sir!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wrong Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Tunring the wheel to falsely activate the tree ain't nobody's routine.

Neither is setting 10 ft behind the line and taking forever before you roll up and still not pre staging.

I agree there needs to be a time limit to how long someone can jack around after they do a burnout.

Posts: 1565 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
2 of the best young guns, executing their routine

https://www.facebook.com/watch...NK-UNK-IOS_GK0T-GK1C

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've had burn downs at the head of the staging lanes (both of us refused to pull into the water), burn downs before the first bulb (neither wanted to pre-stage), and burndowns after both top bulbs were lit (neither wanted to fully stage), I can say this is absolutely part of the sport. Routine vs. strategy, to me are one in the same, you can't have one without the other. Those of you who focus on routine and ignore strategy, are typically the guys that can at times be impacted positively or negatively by the slow stage/slow back up/fast stage/fast back up/long burn out/short burnout/blinky bulb/steering wheel turning ETC ETC ETC gamesmanship. You don't have to agree with those approaches, but if its legal and not specifically called out as illegal, then drivers who employ these tactics in their racing, are going to utilize them if and when they desire.

We all pretty much know we are playing with fire when it comes to this burndown business. The guy in the other lane knows (assuming hes a willing participant in the staging battle) just like I do, that if and when they decide to DQ one of us, then both of us are going to be DQ'd. That is and must always be the rule. I'm all for some sort of timer to eliminate or shorten the time that drivers have the ability to play games, but it must be consistently applied to everyone all the time. Wanna stop staging battles, put a rule out there about time required to stage and ENFORCE it EVERYTIME it happens regardless of who's racing. House cars and promoter favorites will need to get the boot just like regular ole joe blow racers. The minute you show favoritism, be ready for some backlash.

I tend to employ whatever approach i think is best for the specific race that i'm involved in. We all have certain patterns and routines, but being able to modify that at times seems to be beneficial. If you put a timer out there i'll find ways around it or I'll work within the time provided to execute my routine/strategy to set me up for the best chance to win. If you make a rule to limit the time, make it rock solid and simple. No grey area and enforce it consistently regardless of who's racing.

For situations where other cars are sitting and waiting for the "slower" car to get on up to the pre-stage beam, i'd be all for a shot clock approach, but i'll do one better, start the clock at the water box. If you have a dragster and burn out past the starting line (you better have your tail in the pre-stage bulb before the clock expires or your' DQ'd. I currently drive dragsters, can and have done short burn outs and stopped before the staging bulbs and won the round, it is possible at most tracks. For shorter burnout boxes you'll have to adjust the clock to permit a reasonable burnout. Whatever you do, you have to enforce the rules consistently all the time for all racers/drivers.

I'm game for whatever, as it stands, for the race tracks i frequent, there are no timers other than "what seems reasonable" which is up to each person's own interpretation. That's why this thread and conversation even exists.

Posts: 378 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Major League Baseball has implemented a pitch clock and it is a huge success. The game goes faster, is more entertaining, and everyone gets home at a reasonable hour. All that screwing around on the mound, batters stepping out of the box, etc, etc - all that was "part of the game" too - until it wasn't.

Just sayin'...

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Major League Baseball has implemented a pitch clock and it is a huge success. The game goes faster, is more entertaining, and everyone gets home at a reasonable hour. All that screwing around on the mound, batters stepping out of the box, etc, etc - all that was "part of the game" too - until it wasn't.

Just sayin'...

I agree.When the pitch clock was implemented, I thought it seemed stupid.
But watching a baseball game is 100% more entertaining now.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This isn't baseball, what we do is not for the entertainment of others/fans, there is no TV rights, no companies paying for air time no corporate investors who can influence the race no mind the rules. Again, no “shot clock” needed. If the starter feels you are taking too long to stage, it’s HIS job to control the starting line. He needs to do his job!

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Every Saturday for 10 years....

....."Courtesy staging is encouraged, but not mandatory, in the event of a burn down, the slower dialed car will be directed to stage"....

Meaning, we'd tolerate the game for a bit, then move it along.
We had no issues running an average of 45 seconds between tree cycles.

My thought is that even as the instigator of a burn down, you've proved your point if the starter directs you to stage up.

Let's race!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
This isn't baseball, what we do is not for the entertainment of others/fans, there is no TV rights, no companies paying for air time no corporate investors who can influence the race no mind the rules. Again, no “shot clock” needed. If the starter feels you are taking too long to stage, it’s HIS job to control the starting line. He needs to do his job!

^^^ 100% correct^^^

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve…KNOWS!

66,000 have viewed that video, it’s cool and it’s the most viewed spring fling race video excluding their promotional videos.

That said, Kyle didn’t roll up there wanting nor expecting a staging duel and I’m sure Donovan didn’t either, it just happened as do many. No reason to get your pantries in a wade and no reason for a shot clock! Fyi, They raced again the next day and there was no staging duel.