DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    goodyear slicks ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

goodyear slicks ?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
It’s been a long time, but I tested and ran a 2032 for a number of years and all of a sudden, they sacked the engineer and Competition Tires South. I was out in the cold. That’s when I went to MT. Great tire and Company, but they had quality issues. Leaked air and every other set, impossible to balance. That said, that MT tire was like a secret weapon late when dew set in.

I ran Hoosiers for a long time and they worked good but the tire shake was terrible.
When I went to MT tires my 60 foot was a little better, no tire shake and car was more consistent.
One other thing in the Texas heat when track temp would be around 150 the Hoosiers would get gummy and felt loose on top end. Several times the tires were rolling up rubber off the track and little rolls of rubber sticking to the tire. Also in cold, humid weather the Hoosier would just blow tires off. They would either hook hard or spin hard and no in between.
The MT tires were noticeably much wider temperature range where they worked good. I could run in Texas Summers or cool Fall evenings with no problems.
I do not know about Goodyear tires as I do not have much experience with them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of brandontaylor2265
posted Hide Post
I've had the new Goodyear bubba 2719 part number on one of my dragsters since March ... 250+ passes they've been flawless in all conditions !!! But it's not a fast dragster 4.50s

ROANOKE MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

Posts: 180 | Location: IN THA WINNERS CIRCLE SOMEWHERE | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I just put a brand new set of 3195s on my car, and tho they dont seem quit as fast as the older 3195, they dont leak air, like at all.....LOL. In all fairness, this is the first set that i have ever had that did not leak.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post