DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    632 Blueprint Engine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

632 Blueprint Engine
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I'm thinking of buying a Blueprint 632/850 HP pump gas, hydraulic roller motor for bracket racing. 55 Chevy. Any issues with this engine.

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Owens:
I'm thinking of buying a Blueprint 632/850 HP pump gas, hydraulic roller motor for bracket racing. 55 Chevy. Any issues with this engine.

No but I would run a solid lifter cam for bracket racing.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
I have used a few of there SBC, no issues

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm using their PS8012 heads on my 540 with no porting. Changed the valves and springs but that's it. Been pretty happy so far. 5.80s at 3400 pounds.

I'm also very familiar with their 632 and can say that they design their own blocks, cranks etc. I know several of the guys on the R&D and engineering team plus the owner personally. Good people.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With a 1.54 valve spring pocket what is your lift and usable rpm for that head?TIA

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry-war:
With a 1.54 valve spring pocket what is your lift and usable rpm for that head?TIA

The factory springs are 1.54 but the pockets accept standard 1.65" springs. I'm setup for 0.845" max lift. I've had the engine to 8000rpm.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's great news about the size of the pocket. Appreciate your reply.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your response.

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
One of the Blueprint engineers posted casting material tensile and Brinnel specs on the Chevelles.com website, they're in line with Dart/Bowtie/World's numbers. These guys did their homework when they designed their blocks.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I watched the video tour of Blueprint shop. I was impressed! Appears they are on it!
Figure out when I saw it and find it for you..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post