DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Power stroke won’t start.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Power stroke won’t start.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did you ever get it figured out?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes sir I did!

Following the advice provided on this thread I turned the crank with a break over bar and the engine turned free in both directions.
That pretty well only left the starter, so I replaced it and it starts and runs great now.
Thanks to all for the technical knowledge you provided.

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Starters going out kinda common.....other things suggested not so much....keep it simple

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes sir you are correct about keeping things simple.
Although it’s not how I make my living, I’m ( at least) a fair mechanic but it seems I always try to make things harder than they really are.

In most things in life one should always try to keep the “Occam’s Razor” theory in mind.

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post