DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Jiffy Tite fittings/trans connection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jiffy Tite fittings/trans connection
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted
Will they clear stock floors, I.e., 3rd gen Fbody floor/ tunnel? Do they leak ? Read some comments about weeping between quick coupling.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:
Will they clear stock floors, I.e., 3rd gen Fbody floor/ tunnel? Do they leak ? Read some comments about weeping between quick coupling.

Definitely not what you want, for what you're doing. You want the best flowing fittings, not the worst.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have them and have not experienced any weeping. No 3rd gen fbody experience but ours are not directly on the case we have short hoses then the fittings.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I used them to connect the transmission coolant lines to the cooler, never had a problem even after several years of service. My choice was simple, tightening the coolant line fittings with a wrench in the confined area around them is impossible without removing all the floor panels.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No issues with mine either....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with them, but I sure think about them a lot while laying under the car with transmission fluid running onto me.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine have been on the car for probably 10 years or so. Still working fine, don’t leak. They are a little faded though. As regards the flow, weren’t the original holes in the transmission 1/8 inch pipe?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've got a 3rd gen with stock floor, but no jiffy Tite. I'd say if I was to use them I would use a short piece of hose then the Jiffy Tite. I used pre-made teflon lines and my lines come up to the frame rail and run along it to the front where y cooler is. I would put the quick disconnects so I could reach them under the hood.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Thanks all,
I looked under after I got home, I don’t see how there’s enough room, without doing as Eman said.
Thanks again !

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks all,
I looked under after I got home, I don’t see how there’s enough room, without doing as Eman said.
Thanks again !

they have some fittings on hose already, about 12" long

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Thanks all,
Thanks again !

That's what I use

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Thanks J.R., and Bucky, I’ll look into that.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
Thanks all,
Thanks again !

That's what I use

Before or after your dump/bypass? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I’m one of those crazy foot brake guys....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
Thanks all,
Thanks again !

Tee at the case. External only for now

That's what I use

Before or after your dump/bypass? Confused

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That said... anyone know how to diy an internal dump?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott !

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Scott !

Ask your converter guy if it's beneficial to his calculations (stall), he knows you're running jiffy fittings.

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Kwig: I used hard line to get to a more accessible area and then changed to teflon lined braided hose. The hard lines are installed prior to installing the trans and then the connection is in a convenient location - next to the starter on my car. Really no need for quick connects when set up this way.
Sent you a pic via text.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brktracer,

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post