DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    converter restall cost
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

converter restall cost
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Yea I can call and ask tomorrow. two things. One, not that patient. two old and forget shyt in that long of period of time.

A question came to me when reading replies on another post. What is the price of having the converter stall changed if needed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Yea I can call and ask tomorrow. two things. One, not that patient. two old and forget shyt in that long of period of time.

A question came to me when reading replies on another post. What is the price of having the converter stall changed if needed?

$250-300 last I knew. Maybe more now. Plus shipping both ways of course.

Posts: 716 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
hum. Making a bolt together look better. I know have to buy parts but a few times could even out and give options at the same time.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Just buy a "used" bolt together.
Most guys that are selling these have multiple internals for them so you can score really big.
Not to mention when you put the pump on it all you do is change the insides, no need for a new converter Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Buying stators will be just as expensive but there are advantages to a bolt togatherw

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I sent mine to Hughes to check out, and they cut it apart, said everything looked fine, and they sent it back, and it was like $400.

I thought that was too high to not do any work other than welding. (they also "lost" all the paper work I sent them so I was not impressed)

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
Buying stators will be just as expensive but there are advantages to a bolt togatherw

Like I said I know buying parts will be high.Just looks like in long run cheaper. Especially since we know price never go down and only climb.

Another upside. If decided to paly with heavy loads of nitro for expidition stuff. I can make changes and then Simply(lmao) pull converter change parts and go back to same setup. New question is does it repeat when changing two combo in and out?

Will have to try that save money back thing in case good deal pops up on Bolt Together. Wonder if FTI can convert mine to bolt together. Simply cut wild to flanges. machining perfectly flat and bolt together.,Now Really LMAO on that one. going to check

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
I love my bolt together Neal Chance. I have had it since the early 2000's.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
Myself and my Kansas friends are going to do some Super Stock development!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Pro Torque bolt together because I get tired of sends converters back and waiting on them and Slack is 500 plus ever time I send one back. Super nice to talk to and wants my Racepak log once I make some passes to see if he can make it any better.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:

Is that an 8” ? Can you share a pic of the engine side?

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I friend had a cut and clean done recently at FTI and I'm pretty sure that was around $250 plus shipping.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that an 8” ? Can you share a pic of the engine side?

Yes 8". Weighs 18lbs

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Titanium bolts?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
Myself and my Kansas friends are going to do some Super Stock development!

That is a beautiful piece of work! Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post