DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD WB02 to Racepak
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD WB02 to Racepak
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Guys,

My innovate WB from 15 years ago stopped working. So I picked up a MSD WB02 to go with the grid and Sportsman Racepak.

Pretty straight forward but in the MSD instructions for the analog output which the racepak uses in that harness there is an orange 0-5v wire which connects to the orange racepak wire. There is also a brown wire that has the callout in MSD instructions as "reference".

Prior on the innovate I only needed the orange connected and there was no second wire.

What the hell does the brown wire go to? Ground?

Thanks

Posts: 1441 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
Do not ground it.
You can either tape it up and not use it or make a new volts channel in your Racepak and see what comes out. More than likely, it is just the 5 volt reference voltage that powers the O2 sensor. Basically, it will tell you if the WBO2 controller is working properly, sort of. Typical 5 volt reference will be a bit below 5 volts and then outputs are proportioned to the "real" reference voltage or 4.9 or 4.95v, etc.

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post