DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    15X15 dbl Beadlock question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15X15 dbl Beadlock question
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Anyone have an issue with calipers not clearing the bead lock rings on a 15x15 4"BS dbl beadlock wheel? MW calipers if it matters

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My neal and parks just fit my strange brakes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had 15s converted to 16s and I had to trim the calipers and the wheels to clear. No big deal, Lamb brakes by the way.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have 15 x 14 wide with 4” BS Bogarts that N&P did the beadlock conversion.

Have MW calipers, axles and had to hand file 0.020” at most from the upper outer corner of one caliper that rubbed very slightly when installed new prior to beadlok conversion. Beadlock conversion clears calipers perfectly.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds wanna know why a 15" diameter wheel????

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Inquiring minds wanna know why a 15" diameter wheel????

Car already has a 15x15 wheel, not commited to a 15 inch wheel, just wondering if I put bead locks on if there would be any clearance issues

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dragster or doorcar?

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Dragster or doorcar?

door

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I had 16" beadlocks and Dual MW brake calipers and the rings barely cleared the calipers....

They were Dewzen converted dbl beadlocks...16x16

I don't recall exactly how much clearance there was, but it wasn't much !! Made me think about how I could trim the calipers at first but I ran them and did not have any problem...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Mark Williams offers two brake setups. One for 15" wheels, the other for 16" wheels. You need to verify which brakes you have.

It's pretty simple to switch from one to the other simply by changing the rotor and the caliper bracket. Have had to do so numerous times on customers cars.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
Mark Williams offers two brake setups. One for 15" wheels, the other for 16" wheels. You need to verify which brakes you have.

I had this exact thing messaged to me yesterday on FB. This is exactly the information's I was looking for.
Thank you!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep mine did I switched to TBM..

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
If you have Weld Deltas, you will need to either go with smaller caliper or a 1/4 spacer will give you the clearance you need.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:

I had this exact thing messaged to me yesterday on FB. This is exactly the information's I was looking for.
Thank you!!!

Anytime! Wink

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I have 15x15 Kiezer double beadlocks and wilwood brakes on my new Vega build and they fit with no problems.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
15"x15" N&P clears fine with Moser calipers.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Seems you have your answer but what the heck I have 15x15 Weld Alumastar with MacFab beadlocks with no issues on Strange brakes

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Seems you have your answer but what the heck I have 15x15 Weld Alumastar with MacFab beadlocks with no issues on Strange brakes
But what is backspace…4” is the problem

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone but I decided to put 16x16 inch wheels, I was wrong in my original post it has 15x16 with 5 inch BS, it has plenty of room for 16x16 and offers a better tire selection

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
But what is backspace…4” is the problem

I have one set that is 4" and one set that is 6"

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post