DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Top Dragster - ProCharger Pump?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Dragster - ProCharger Pump?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
We are moving to a F-R3-112 ProCharger in our Top Dragster from nitrous.

It's 548ci BBC and we are looking to run in the high 6.30's-low 6.40's with a 2000 Lb. car on alcohol.

Not a lot of room in the front of the motor for a cam drive fuel pump, so it is either a belt drive mechanical pump or an appropriate electric pump.

It's a lot more cost and trouble to move to a mechanical pump, so why shouldn't we stay with a good electric one?

Easier to start the engine, end of day pickling, etc.

Thoughts? Pro's/Con's?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Gerard,

Posts: 421 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I assume methanol?

With the boost reference pressure you'll need base Fp + boost psi so maybe 30psi and possibly 2000lbs/hr fuel.

I wouldn't try it - work out the details and go belt drive.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Going Methanol? Go with the Aeromotive "Black " Belt drive pump..
You will discover that adequate fuel delivery into the MOTOR will be the Key to your happiness with Boost and Methanol. That Pump properly driven will supply your Blow thru Carb. Your Carb must be able to meter the fuel demand of your engine.. I broke this down into two parts purposely...Having the Best belt drive pump will eliminate that component in the fuel delivery equation...Then you can focus on the Blow Thru Carb. Nearly everyone who has wounded a methanol Boosted Blow Thru Motor has found being "Lean"
caused the damage....

Posts: 229 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Kirkman Racing
posted Hide Post
Go with a complete APD fuel system and never look back.

Posts: 42 | Location: California | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
belt pump for the win. i have a new one and a regulator that was my spare i will sell...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1525 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kirkman Racing hit the spot with APD.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post