DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Timing Chain/ Front Cover Preference
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timing Chain/ Front Cover Preference
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Maybe some of the real builders here can chime in? I was taught that under acceleration the cam tries to go back thus the Torrington bearing and on deceleration it tries to come forward but all depends on the lobe taper and grind. ?

They got their work cutout for them.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I ain’t skeered and neither are my engine builders past and present including SDPC The Race Shop that built the nearly 1000HP engine in my Firebird that they installed a genuine GM steel timing chain cover in front of the Rollmaster timing set that actuates my roller camshaft having nearly .900 NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tell your engine builder I said he's got his work cut out, to keep up with the Jones's. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
I stopped running timing chains back in 1977 after I lost an engine when one broke. That was it for me. Milodon Gear Drive System ever since.

ACDELCO IHRA Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter on Methanol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
I stopped running timing chains back in 1977 after I lost an engine when one broke. That was it for me. Milodon Gear Drive System ever since.

ACDELCO IHRA Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter on
Methanol

Ever consider a belt drive? they're HD. I had a guy I did a 434, he changed his pulley bolts, not knowing the new ones were so long they sawed 80% of the belt. He actually ran this thing a night of racing before noticing it had sawed the belt off.

This was a killer 434 sbc too, high dollar piece. When he brought it over so I could change the belt, I heard him start it outside to get it out of the trailer. I went running outside as fast as I could yelling SHUT IT OFF!! LoL!

Belt drive pretty good, I don't think you'd have that problem.

I chit you not, 80% of the belt was gone.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mikey no one was trying to keep up with your shyt box with triple chrome plated bumpers 4 years when it was last on a race track and you had a mental break down because you lost a round due to your inability to keep your junk in the groove, subsequently hitting a timing block which resulted in your disqualification.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Mikey no one was trying to keep up with your shyt box with triple chrome plated bumpers 4 years when it was last on a race track and you had a mental break down because you lost a round due to your inability to keep your junk in the groove, subsequently hitting a timing block which resulted in your disqualification.

Ed, you've already made it quite clear you'd take it up the arse without a peep from a nobody track official, who invented a imaginary story to put your opponent back in a race 45 minutes after he loaded up declared loser originally.

We get that, but that's not what we're talking about.

You keep talking about your engine builder this, and your engine builder that.

Tell your engine builder I said he's got his work cut out for him 3200 lbs sbc n/a out of the box Brodix or AFR cylinder heads.

Ok? My engine builder said so. Smile

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Says the broke dyck whose entire race operation is JUNK, defined by purchasing the cheapest Chinese shyt his money can buy.Laughing very hard

Talk about what you know, not what you think you know. The genuine GM covers that I have been using for over 3 decades on my race engines do not flex to the point they effect performance or reliability.

You do not know what you are talking about. Talking trash about my motors and you know nothing about it. I have CV Product Exceldyne Belt Drive on one motor and JESEL Belt drive on the other. Both high quality stuff and above factory.

Once again you are talking about something you know nothing about and want to argue with me about WHAT I HAVE ON MY CAR? You do not even know what is on my car? STFU!

That is Retarded and just proves to everyone what an idiot you are.

I learned something a long time ago, You can argue with an Idiot all day long and at the end of the Day all you have is an Idiot that can argue You still Stupid. No amount of me arguing with you is going to make you any Smarter so I am done arguing with you ABOUT WHAT IS ON MY MOTOR.

Everyone here knows that I know what is on my motor and you are an Idiot that just wants to argue.

Bless your Heart. F-ing Retard.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4029 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says this forum’s biggest idiot and broke dyck with the biggest POS^^^

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The thread just went Left.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This thread went sideways the moment you replied 7 days ago! The OP got the answer he wanted and the correct advice for his application in the very first reply to this thread.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread went sideways the moment you replied 7 days ago! The OP got the answer he wanted and the correct advice for his application in the very first reply to this thread.

Lefties hate evidence. Evidence leads to rational thinking. Rational thinking leads to impartiality. Impartiality leads to Truth.

Lefties hate Truth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not me they hate.

Satan is trending world wide on Nike shoes, maybe you should rush over to YB and tell some more fairy tales while inverting reality. I'm sure your fantasy stories will please Mihko the moderator, who also proudly goes by satan on the site, because he's an admitted satanist POS. Same as you, only you're still in the closet. Smile